Does anyone else play hockey?

I play regular old floor hockey in school. Wish i could play it more, to be honest. I need an outlet for exercise.

I see it on TV all of the time so yeah, lots of people play hockey.

Played for many years but rarely now.

I still watch it all the time, though!

I've been learning to skate for the past 6 months, so maybe one day if there's a not-too-serious-about-it-old-guys game going on :D

I played ice hockey when I was in grad school, but haven't played in years. My wife also played, and my oldest son, now 8, just started. Great game.

I've been in a few fights, so I almost play hockey. I'm like 75% hockey player I'd say.

I've been in a few fights, so I almost play hockey. I'm like 75% hockey player I'd say.
Hhmmmm.... excellent point but I have to say fighting on skates is a whole different story. Lol.

Rdb- That's awesome bout your son best of luck.

Liebe zeit- Do you take lessons or just teaching yourself?

I live in southern US so I have never seen hockey played hardly. I think it is an interesting sport though. I would love to play except one thing- ice.

Maybe street hockey would be more fun for me...

I play ice hockey and have for the past 15 years or so years. I have a game Saturday night and play up to 4x a week between pick up games and organized league games. Me loves me somes of thats there hockey on the frozen waterzzz. :)

BTW, as most adults still playing the game have the same experiences, I have to play pretty late at night. Some league games don't start until 11pm on a week night and I even played till 2 am in a pick up game a few weeks ago. And yes, I have to get up in the morning :)

I'm an avid hockey player. I grew up playing baseball and football, and I really didn't know anything about hockey until Gretzky came to L.A. (I grew up in Southern California.) Even then I didn't go to a game or watch a game on tv until a friend gave me a free ticket to a minor league game in the area. I went and was immediately hooked.

I learned how to skate a few months later (well, I actually took lessons for about a year) and I have been playing hockey ever since.

I'm an avid hockey player. I grew up playing baseball and football, and I really didn't know anything about hockey until Gretzky came to L.A. (I grew up in Southern California.) Even then I didn't go to a game or watch a game on tv until a friend gave me a free ticket to a minor league game in the area. I went and was immediately hooked.

I learned how to skate a few months later (well, I actually took lessons for about a year) and I have been playing hockey ever since.

Gretzky influenced a lot of people to play hockey...My son attended gretz hockey camps for years......We played in the back yard until the rain came

played Div 1 college hockey, then turned to the dark side and became an official. Im an 18 yr vet of the AHL as a linesman.

F

Liebe zeit- Do you take lessons or just teaching yourself?
We're all learning as a family - me, my gal and our little boy (5). We're going thru the levels in a scheme called Skate UK (which is mostly a figure skating thing) and we also practice another couple of times a week. I've been working burningly hard on getting deep knee bend and working my outside edges lately. Gonna have to decide whether to branch off to actual hockey tuition soon, especially for the boy, tho I'm a little worried they don't teach very good skate skills.

We're all learning as a family - me, my gal and our little boy (5). We're going thru the levels in a scheme called Skate UK (which is mostly a figure skating thing) and we also practice another couple of times a week. I've been working burningly hard on getting deep knee bend and working my outside edges lately. Gonna have to decide whether to branch off to actual hockey tuition soon, especially for the boy, tho I'm a little worried they don't teach very good skate skills.

That's a cool way to spend time as a family. Obv figure skaters have a lot more skill but hockey players have major skill as well. They can do some crazy things. But keep up the good work. Hope all goes well with you and your fam.

Back