good double pedal for playing heel down?

izac94

Im looking into getting a new pwdal and want to hear some opinions on light weight pedals for heel down playing. Im looking to spend up to about 300 dollars (us), thanks for all replies and suggestions!!

Re: good double pedal for playing heel down??

For heel down you might prefer a longboard if you have fairly big feet. Personally, I play heel up and I still hit my heels on the stationary end of my shortboards. Just my 2 cents.

Re: good double pedal for playing heel down??

Light weight as in a light pedal to play?

The pedal that came with my little yamaha stage custom is pretty sweet. The camco reissue is cool. I'm a big fan of pearl p900's too. I'd just go play a few. There aren't any bad pedals in that sorta price range.

Whoops you said double. Pearl elims, pearl 902... don't think the first two pedals I mentioned come in double.

Last edited:
Majority of the time, I play heel down.

I've used Iron Cobra Powerglides for years and they work great.

You can find them used for under $250

Good Luck.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/hardware/footpedals/dfp9500d/?mode=model

"....The DFP-9500D is a direct drive double pedal, with a solid cast link between the rocker shaft and the footboards. The direct drive "pushes" the footboards back on rebound, giving the pedal a quicker response. Many drummers that play heel-down prefer the feel of a direct drive..."

I have, and like, these pedals. They seem to meet your requirements and you can find them for $300 new, if you do a little digging.

I'd suggest trying them first though, to see if direct drive sits well with you.

For heel down, I wouldn't suggest a longboard. You'd require more effort to get the pedal moving, due to the fulcrum point being further back.

Pearl Eliminators, DW9000/5000, Iron Cobra or maybe the Mapex Falcon get my vote.

Play heel down most of the time and I've been using Iron Cobra's for 20 years. Love 'em!

Up to $300 budget - I think the DW's, and the IC's are out of the picture. Not sure of the others.

For heel down, I wouldn't suggest a longboard. You'd require more effort to get the pedal moving, due to the fulcrum point being further back.

Pearl Eliminators, DW9000/5000, Iron Cobra or maybe the Mapex Falcon get my vote.

+1...............I tried Axis pedals and couldn't get used to them

Play heel down most of the time and I've been using Iron Cobra's for 20 years. Love 'em!

Me too.

Up to $300 budget - I think the DW's, and the IC's are out of the picture. Not sure of the others.

You have to buy used to get under the $300 threshold

Back