• 16-20 years

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • More than 20 years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Just curious, and not bragging, but this month marks 19 years that I've been online. I started in July, 1993 using Prodigy, and chatting on bulletin boards.

How long has everyone been online?

Bermuda

I had think about it.

1996 would be the answer.

Now, be prepared for all the young ones who are going to think this question is weird, because their life experience reflects that people have been online as long as they can remember.

1997 .... twin hamster drives .... 1600 megabytes ..... zow!​

Doesn't anyone use the Poll to answer?

16 to 20

1994 for me. For some reason, without knowing a thing about computers, I had a funny feeling that I should probably own one.

I think you've set the poll to some kind of private mode.
"You may not vote on this poll"

I've been online since about 1996, so about 16 years now.

First I was on Compuserve (76605,1417), and then on a few local BBSs. I've never recovered. ^_^

To properly answer the question: I first got "online" sometime in the late '80s. Probably mid-1987 after the MacII came out.

Bermudaaaaaa!

Almost exactly the same time and method as you: since 1993, on Prodigy.

Interesting, I can't un-do whatever is making it not work. Well, carry on in the posts then and thanks for the replies.

Bermuda

I can't vote, either. But I'm in the 16-20. I started in 1995.

I think it was about 1998 or '99. I remember it was a Compaq Presario computer. So, 13-14 years.

Remember, I live in northern Idaho. Most of the interest in technology here centers around chainsaws and mud bog rigs!

Weird....I just read the directions and tried to start a poll, but it doesn't even give me that option at the bottom of the page. Now I guess we'll never know which is better, plain or peanut.
Don't remember exactly when I first went online. It was with a compuserve account, tho.

Hard to know for sure but my guess is about 1996.
Anyone remember the newsgroup RMMP? I used to post there a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
97 for me. Now you're making me think about how old I am. I was a wee little teen when the internet found me!

Since 1998. I bought two Gateway computers for my son and I. Half of what I have now and cost me 2800. a piece.

Back