Music Performance Anxiety Questionnaire

Leeroyuk45

Hey guys, if any of you have the time, could you possibly answer dissertation questionnaire? Its about performance anxiety. Its completely anonymous and will only take a couple of minutes. Im trying to control the amount of different instruments at first so I don't get 100 guitar players and 2 vocalists taking it but I need more Drummer responses. My dissertation is about instrument-related anxiety and if theres a correlation between the instrument we choose and the types of symptoms we may or may not suffer.

If you'd like any more information, please send me a message or reply to this post!

Cheers

Leeroy

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SFYXJJS

In the future, ask questions that begin with "How often..." as opposed to "Have you ever..." whenever having to give an answer of frequency.

Hope this makes sense!

Dissertation committees can be VERY picky in terms of how you ask questions.

Great thank you for the responses! And also to PorkPieGuy for feedback on the wording. I will look at reviewing this!

Great thank you for the responses! And also to PorkPieGuy for feedback on the wording. I will look at reviewing this!

No problem. I'd hate for them to discount research on a technicality.

I just took it. One thing to be aware of: drummers may experience some of the symptoms you ask about (e.g., sweaty hands, increased heartbeat), but they are not always experiencing them as a result of performance anxiety. Sometimes these things are experienced just due to the physical exertion needed to play the instrument.

Just too it too. Best of luck with it! Another friendly suggestion: you might also want to consider rewording your Likert scale options. "Usually never" doesn't flow well, but more importantly, to my mind it means from .0001% - 5% range... although I understand you want it to mean somewhere between half and half and 0. It felt like there was a giant blank spot that answers might fall in. Like PorkPieGuy said - I'd hate for you to lose points on a technicality

I submitted my answers. I basically suffer no noticable stagefright, although I do get pretty jittery for the last hour or so before going on stage. Not nervous and not sick, but I find it hard to sit still.

Back