March Fourth Marching Band

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I spent the last week in Maryland, and while at a festival in Columbia, I saw a Seattle based band called the March Fourth marching band. They are a rag tag, and I mean that in a good way, bunch , each wearing a different semi band uniform. Three snares, one set of tenors , a bass drum, many saxes, trumpets, trombones, lead and bass guitar. And of course two men and two women on what had to be 6 foot stilts dancing and marching about. They made their entrance marching in and and then setting up on stage and playing for about 90 minutes. Quite a unique experience.
Just wondered if anyone else had heard of them. Their upcoming schedule is on their website at www.marchfourthmarchingband.com

Thanks for posting that.I haven't heard of them before,but I would definately pay to see them perform.It's like the've taken the blue man group concept and married it to New Orleans marching jazz band,with dancing all mixed together.Very imaginative,other level stuff.

Steve B

They got their name on March 4th 2003, when they played for a Fat Tuesday party. All of the photos I took are too large to show here. I may use another site.

Back