Busking is Awesome!!!!!!! Finally out there with my suitcase kit!!!

Thanks very much for you comments ....

The suitcase is awsome!!!! It's nothing like the one in the pics. Altho the one in the pics is very very impressive. My padal is simply attached straight to the suitcase. So all the sound is from the suitcase. Sounds really powerful in the streets. We put a piece of wood on the case for the beater to hit as it was starting to wear a whole in the case from a constant hammering from the pedal.

Cheers Rob, I'm a sucker for honest, spirited jams.

Have you attached a plate to the bottom of the case for the pedal?

Hey Robert,

That just blew my socks off! OK, that was the "suitcase kit" you made and posted here earlier? Fan-friggin-tastic, broster.

Who cares about the "volume" thing, I thought you knocked it outta the park! Keep it up, and keep posting your innovations, talents, and inventions. Kudos, man!

Cheers,
C. P.

Cheers Rob, I'm a sucker for honest, spirited jams.

Have you attached a plate to the bottom of the case for the pedal?
My dad, actually came up with the idea to put a door hinge on the case so I could fold it down and attach the pedal. I tried attaching a peice of wood to the case to attach the pedal to but it just kept getting in the way of transportation. The door hinge, however, folds in so it never gets in the way. Genious on my dads part really. LOL.

Thanks mate for the comment.

Robertondrums

Robert, like everyone said!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT..fabulous playing by the both of you!.. and you kit sounded great. Couldnt tell from the vid. what you were doing for your kick drum action?

Hey Robert,

That just blew my socks off! OK, that was the "suitcase kit" you made and posted here earlier? Fan-friggin-tastic, broster.

Who cares about the "volume" thing, I thought you knocked it outta the park! Keep it up, and keep posting your innovations, talents, and inventions. Kudos, man!

Cheers,
C. P.
Hahahaha thanks for the awsome comment my friend!!!! Really really glad that you liked it. To be honest I don't give a rats ass about the volume. So far weve had no complaints and it's just awsome to let yourself go on the street. I will defo keep posting some stuff of what we do. Thanks man. Keep cool dude.

Robertondrums

Robert, like everyone said!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT..fabulous playing by the both of you!.. and you kit sounded great. Couldnt tell from the vid. what you were doing for your kick drum action?
Thanks for th great comment mate. Really glad you like it too. I'm not quite shore what you mean when you say kick action. But I'm basically playing as I would do on an ordinary drum kit. Sadly on the vid you can't hear the suitcase as much as you can live. Obviously the response on the pedal isn't quite the same as a bass drum but I can still get those double, triple, etc, notes quite easy. Over all it's got a good feel about it.

Thanks pal.

Robertondrums

Looks like you had a blast. I did it in ATL with my roommate at the time while the '96 Olympics were going on. We lived right in between Centennial Park and Olympic Stadium so we would just park ourselves where ever the flow of people traffic was feeling good that day. I couldn't see doing it all the time, but it was an interesting experience.

Looks like you had a blast. I did it in ATL with my roommate at the time while the '96 Olympics were going on. We lived right in between Centennial Park and Olympic Stadium so we would just park ourselves where ever the flow of people traffic was feeling good that day. I couldn't see doing it all the time, but it was an interesting experience.
Awesome dale, I wish I had some where to busk as interesting as that. I just got a license to busk in york, its packed with torrists and a great place to make some cash. Really looking forward to doing that. Thanks mate.

Robertondrums

Back