Intro's/link pieces, post/ideas/discuss.

Andy

Honorary Member
Intro's/link pieces, post/ideas/discuss. War of the worlds example.

Thought it would be cool to exchange ideas, discuss, & post examples of intro's & link pieces on a single thread. Our band's getting into show mode, so we're working on some stuff to add an element of show progression to our set. Here's a simple one we worked on at last nights practice. It's a set opener that links to Bon Jovi's "It's My Life". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mczNQpat_lo Tell me if you like it.

Anyhow, throw some examples & ideas up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice drumming, bud. Really "in the pocket." I appreciate that so much. Solid two's and four's on the snare and a consistent sounding backbeat. I know you weren't looking to necessarily hear that, but that's what struck me about this video. And yes, i like the segue into "It's My Life."

Really nice drumming, bud. Really "in the pocket." I appreciate that so much. Solid two's and four's on the snare and a consistent sounding backbeat. I know you weren't looking to necessarily hear that, but that's what struck me about this video. And yes, i like the segue into "It's My Life."
Thanks! I do appreciate the compliment. Simple stuff, but I think it makes a good opening / link piece.

Anyhow, examples/ideas/stories guys.

Oh, p.s. it's not a backing track, the keyboard player is out of shot, lol!

Back