What's the story behind your user name?

Mine's the name of a character in one of the greatest movies of all time...
Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company."

My user name is actually a question... Are you okay? Are you O.K.? R.u.o.k?

I know it's somewhat stupid, but it's all I could come up with at the time of my joining this forum.

Actually...that's VERY cool! ;-)

I like that, Ruok. It's not stupid at all!

Hey Michael drums! I do quite a bit of vacationing in Ocean City Maryland. Do you play much there? I used to play there in my early rock days in the summer and had a BLAST! I think the name of the club was "Secrets". The Purple Moose, Bull on the beach, Phillips.....ahhh, some great times. I usually stay in Bethany beach when we're there. Are you close?

Very cool website Neurotica. You are very gifted and photogenic as well! There are some beautiful pics of you and the other objects as well...very cool.

Well my middle name is kawika (the name I go by), so I changed the w to a v because thats how its pronounced. I wanted it to be even more different so I changed the k's to c's.

p.s. great idea for a thread, there are some really interesting stories out there. Oh and deathmetalconga, keep the name its a great one.

Hey Michael drums! I do quite a bit of vacationing in Ocean City Maryland. Do you play much there? I used to play there in my early rock days in the summer and had a BLAST! I think the name of the club was "Secrets". The Purple Moose, Bull on the beach, Phillips.....ahhh, some great times. I usually stay in Bethany beach when we're there. Are you close?

Hey cdrums21...Thanks for the shout out! ;-)

Yea, I've done a few gigs downtown. The bar scene mostly. And YES...Secrets is still there, aka...Jamaica USA!! The Purple Moose is still thriving on the boardwalk, though I can remember back in the 80s' when it was REALLY popular, and you couldn't even get in the place.

The Bull On The Beach has moved to West O.C. and up to 94th St. And Phillips' is still in their main building on Coastal Highway.

I have a family friend, who lives in South Bethany, that I visit once or twice a year. So I AM familiar with the whole coastal area from Assateague Island to Lewes, Del.

Peace Out! ;-)

TwentyEightyFive comes from Hezekiah Walker's album 20/85 The Experience
I love gospel and love that album, hence twentyeightyfive is born :) lol

Origin of user name: My sister's very hot. Her other (girl) friends were hot & they treated me great...so even from school days my buddies said hot girls treated me like royalty.(No complaints there) & the name Royal stuck.

step sister right?.......

well... there was a man and a woman, deeply in love. it was back in the 80's, when the hair were long on the back, and short over the forehead...
they met, they hung around a bit, then they decided to get together.
one day, a wonderful thing happened, the woman became pregnant, thanks to the man.
during the next 9 months of ups, and downs, they managed to find a name for the small guy, that was on his way out.
the man wanted the guy to be known as Iwo, but the mother wasn't so sure about it. so they've reached a compromise, results of which can be seen today. this compromise was a name - Kacper (very original at that time).
the man went to 'register' the small guy that was on his way out, as Kacper, but he found it pretty cool, to give him also the second name, so then the guy became known as Kacper Iwo...

Kacper Iwo, written together, gives kacperiwo, but the english pronounciation of the second part is wrong, so the guy came up with changing the double-u, into vee...

that guy is me, if someone couldn't catch up :p

When my son, who is now 38, was about one year old he would go around making this noise with his mouth, that I called grunting. So he became Grunter.

LOL, my Daughter now 11 has always been called 'Trufflie Pig' shortened to Trufflie because of the noise she made when she was feeding. She doesn't think it's too good now but at 11 everything isn't as good as she expects...still at least she knows everything!

My name partly comes from the company I run (Destination Performance) and partly because when I joined DW I was just starting out as a drummer hence Destination Drumming!

I do like the great diversity of DW names.

The Turbine Saints, I've always thought, would be a very cool name for a band. Eventually, it will come to fruition. There is more to the name, but it would be far too long to explain and probably only interesting to me.

Back