My Origin satinwood + video

Andy

Honorary Member
It occurred to me that I haven't posted my full kit, so here's some pictures, spec's, and I've edited some clips of the kit being played as part of our snare demo video.

Origin satinwood.
Undrilled 6mm stave shells. Aluminium hardware. "S"hoops.
20" x 18"
14" x 14"
12" x 10"
10" x 9"
8" x 8"

Pictured with my 14" x 5.5" ash + walnut segmented snare c/w as segmented hoops. various snares in the video, including my ebony stave.

Sizes are deep because the construction allows for such depths without overtone issues, & it suits satinwood's frequency balance.

The video (wear good cans) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYY7Ki3Hlk&hd=1 Close mic'd, but no EQ or processing!

Photo's taken at the London Drum Show. Random Swiss forum dude for purposes of scale ;)

Attachments

• satinwood front 900.jpg
    satinwood front 900.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 412
  • satinwood side 900.jpg
    satinwood side 900.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 368
  • satinwood toms 900.jpg
    satinwood toms 900.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 328
  • x900 top.jpg
    x900 top.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 317
  • Henri.jpg
    Henri.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to pick a favorite among those snares and I couldn't. I loved them all. (I guess I'll have to listen a few more times).

Those are beautiful, Andy. The craftsmanship is incredible!

Brent

Drums are gorgeous as usual- so gorgeous.

I must say that every time I see a rack, I wonder if it could be set up so the toms sit in front of the horizontal bar and the rims style mounts you run could be set on the toms in reverse. It would really allow you to present those drums without the hardware in the way.

Havent listened but I think I know what the result will be.

Looks stunning, sounds incredible, what more can I say? You guys have set the bar way high. Great job!

Good god man...my ears will never be the same. :)
Glad you liked the sound :) I'm especially please with how these drums respond to a light touch. The steam bent version is even better at low dynamic stuff :)

I was trying to pick a favorite among those snares and I couldn't. I loved them all. (I guess I'll have to listen a few more times).

Those are beautiful, Andy. The craftsmanship is incredible!

Brent
Thanks Brent. I have my favourites ;)

You guys have set the bar way high.
Thanks, & I hope so, otherwise we're screwed!

Drums are gorgeous as usual- so gorgeous.

I must say that every time I see a rack, I wonder if it could be set up so the toms sit in front of the horizontal bar and the rims style mounts you run could be set on the toms in reverse. It would really allow you to present those drums without the hardware in the way.

Havent listened but I think I know what the result will be.
Agree with the aesthetic, but this rack is fairly low impact compared to many. It's better looking than the rack I put this kit on for gigs. This is it's show rack.

Those are some nice looking drums!

(I'll watch the video in a bit)
Please do, I'm most interested in your feedback :)

Bacon Strips&
Bacon Strips&
Bacon Strips&

Anyway....They sounded awesome! Beautiful in both sounds and looks, you make amazing drums there Andy, wish I could afford them haha.

Bacon Strips&
Bacon Strips&
Bacon Strips&

Anyway....They sounded awesome! Beautiful in both sounds and looks, you make amazing drums there Andy, wish I could afford them haha.
Yes, great T shirt :) & thanks for the sound props. I love how musical/low dynamic melodic the toms are, & the underpinning tone of that bass drum amazes me for it's size.

I don't think I'm allowed to use some expressive words here that would describe just how "wow" these things are.

Been following your FB page and am interested in the new snare that are being released in May.

Congrats!

Photo's taken at the London Drum Show. Random Swiss forum dude for purposes of scale ;)

Random Swiss dude here...

Purposes of scale, right? Let me tell you guys, that kit sound and projection is HUGE, I had the pleasure and privilege to lay my hands on it, so trust me, wonderfully huge sound :)

Great looks and tone for days.Your drums are a tough act to follow...like a newbie drummer taking the stage after Simon Phillips.

Your drums really do answer the question of what a custom kit can offer over a mass produced drums.

A look and sound that just isn't approachable without putting in the time,skill and QC necessary to make your gear stand out .

You guys again have chosen to lead and not follow.Crack on Andy and Dean,cheers.

Steve B

Beautiful Andy! I'll have to give them a proper listen but those are absolutely gorgeous! Time to port that bass drum and stick a pillow in it though. And where's all the gaf tape for the toms? And you have to tape your pitifully thin wallet to the snare batter ;)

Beautiful Andy! I'll have to give them a proper listen but those are absolutely gorgeous! Time to port that bass drum and stick a pillow in it though. And where's all the gaf tape for the toms? And you have to tape your pitifully thin wallet to the snare batter ;)

+1.......might want to take a look at the Craigslist thread to get some pointers!

Seriously, that kit is gorgeous. That rack looks rock solid, but, IMO, covers up too much of it's inherent beauty.

I don't think I'm allowed to use some expressive words here that would describe just how "wow" these things are.

Been following your FB page and am interested in the new snare that are being released in May.

Congrats!
Thank you :) & thanks for following on FB too :) I'll be putting up details of the new snares here before the launch date. They're special - very special.

Let me tell you guys, that kit sound and projection is HUGE, I had the pleasure and privilege to lay my hands on it, so trust me, wonderfully huge sound :)
Cheers Henri, but I think your heart was stolen by something more petite ;)

Great looks and tone for days.Your drums are a tough act to follow...like a newbie drummer taking the stage after Simon Phillips.

Your drums really do answer the question of what a custom kit can offer over a mass produced drums.

A look and sound that just isn't approachable without putting in the time,skill and QC necessary to make your gear stand out .

You guys again have chosen to lead and not follow.Crack on Andy and Dean,cheers.

Steve B
Thank you so much Steve, & I'll be sure to pass on your best wishes to Dean. We've got a ton of new stuff coming out this year. Origin was the first, & also the pinnacle of drum design, but what's to come is equally cool :)

Beautiful Andy! I'll have to give them a proper listen
Please do Bo, I'm interested in your view of the sounds.

Seriously, that kit is gorgeous. That rack looks rock solid, but, IMO, covers up too much of it's inherent beauty.
Thank you, & point taken, but stands also have a cluttering affect with that complexity of setup. Did you check out the video?

+1.......might want to take a look at the Craigslist thread to get some pointers!

Perhaps if you got yourself some of those Ludwig Atlas classic flat based stands ;)

Back