Tommy Igoe's New DVD/Book for 2011

nocTurnal

Finally found out what Tommy Igoe's new instructional video is. percusmann was right all along, and I feel bad now for disbelieving him. It's official, Tommy Igoe's new DVD/Book is titled "Fillosophy." It will concentrate on fills and solos. This is definitely something the drum community needs! DVDs and book lack in this area tremendously. I hope that it will be useful for those who are still on Groove Essentials 1.0. Don't know what the release date is yet. Appears that it's already filmed.

From Igoe's website:

The new DVD and book, Fillosophy, will be the third installment in the Groove Essentials series. The product will bring Tommy's unique focus and insight into the oft-confusing world of fills and solos.

Igoe says "this work could be very important to drummers since so many students I've met believe that their fills and solos are consistently weak, boring, or just plain bad. A real opportunity exists to offer an alternative approach to mastering fills and solos using the Groove Essentials methodology."

LoL. Well, glad to hear a couple of you are excited. Woulda thought more people would be ecstatic like me to hear this.

I'm excited too! I didn't post before, but since it broke your heart, here it is :)

I own all his DVDs, except Groove Essentials II. His "Getting Started With Drums" guided me through everything when I first got my kit and knew nothing about what I was about to do .

and, of course:, my first fill

BARBECUE CHICKEN...YEAH!!!!!!!!

I'm excited too! I didn't post before, but since it broke your heart, here it is :)

I own all his DVDs, except Groove Essentials II. His "Getting Started With Drums" guided me through everything when I first got my kit and knew nothing about what I was about to do .

and, of course:, my first fill

BARBECUE CHICKEN...YEAH!!!!!!!!

Thanks, haroldo. My heart is now in one piece!

I've got Getting Started With Drums, too. Barbecue Chicken... great fill! Those kids are so damned lucky in that video who get to start drum lessons with such a master at a young age. Imagine being those students in that video? The sky's the limit if they stuck it out with Tommy Igoe. They could be tomorrow's studio drummers.

It's the last of three fills he shows in that DVD, he says it helps to identify whatever phrase any fill sounds like, and say it out loud. In this case, the best way to speak the fill was "some BBQ chicken, yeah! ". No joke

Excellent! Can't wait. I have GE 1.0 + 2.0, and GHFAL and they are all great to watch and work from so I bet this will also be great. The enthusiasm he puts across is infectious.

Tommy`s stuff is a great resource both for me and my students. Looking forward to it.

Back