Did they ever make..

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
A drum kit with snares on every drum? OK maybe not the bass. But why not?
I often wonder what a kit would sound like with snares on all the toms too. Pretty weird right?

Some Cocktail kits that I have seen have had snares on two of the drums.
That is as close as I can come to a snare on every drum.

A brainstorming on its way. It will be like an endless bell ringing sound, good experiment to try!

Press a brush against the tom and then hit it with a stick. That would be pretty close to the way snares are on some cocktail kits. And I've seen jazz guys to this when they have a brush in one hand and a stick in the other. Gives a sort of low rattly sound. I imagine proper snares on each drum would be similar, but you could play faincier stuff. Two hands! :-D

I'd lke to hear it. I don't think I'd like it, but I'd still like to hear it.

If-there-was-a-kit-with-snares-on-every-drum-Will-the-floor-tom-give-me-a-fatter-backbeat.jpg

LOL Duck ... beautiful!

To me, snares are a necessary evil, needed for impact and to reduce the drum tone enough to not interfere with the frequencies of other instruments. The things rattle with every stroke on the other drums, every bass note, even with guitar, piano and vocals. The last thing I'd want is more snares vibrating sympathetically with every sound in the room.

LOL Duck ... beautiful!

To me, snares are a necessary evil, needed for impact and to reduce the drum tone enough to not interfere with the frequencies of other instruments. The things rattle with every stroke on the other drums, every bass note, even with guitar, piano and vocals. The last thing I'd want is more snares vibrating sympathetically with every sound in the room.

Unless the sympathetic vibrations are to create an effect for some sort of ultra-alternative, ultra-underground music style. Anythings possible...

A bloke did.....and what's more he posted it here on DW!!

Do a search .....christ knows what you'd actually type in the search function....but the concept has definitely been done and it can be found somewhere in these pages. He'd built his own kit, snare'd up each drum, promised us sound files and disappeared into the wild blue yonder, never to be heard from again.

Shame, I was hangin' to hear it!!

A bloke did.....and what's more he posted it here on DW!!

Do a search .....christ knows what you'd actually type in the search function....but the concept has definitely been done and it can be found somewhere in these pages. He'd built his own kit, snare'd up each drum, promised us sound files and disappeared into the wild blue yonder, never to be heard from again.

Shame, I was hangin' to hear it!!

Maybe he got taken away by the Drumming Police.

Wow that was a nice kit, but it is REALLY strange how he disappeared like that. Maybe its not the drumming police, but the demon in his bass drum head.

Be careful with those guys...

Back