Transcription Help

GrooveDrummer

Hello everyone.

I appeal to the more experienced transcribers or anyone really, would be able to explain this groove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw5_sKTL1go
It's at 4:04.
The groove on the bell.

I am just using this video as a source since this is about the closed thing to it without chopping up the song.

Any help will be greatfully appreciated :)

I could be wrong but I'll take a stab at it.

It seems to me it's half time with the snare hit on 3 for the measure.

The bell pattern is 16th notes with all the "e" missing.

1--&uh, 2--&uh, etc..

Can't really depict the bass drum pattern so play whatever u want for that.

I used this (REALLY) tight live performance, where the drummer apparently plays exactly like the record, and you can actually see him doing it. The time reference is on the transcription. But to be honest, I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure it's not like this, because while those *seem* to be the accents to me, I can't detect any logical grouping, and it doesn't make sense that the drummer is just randomly hitting accents. I think it might be triplet-based, but I just don't know. It's probably something simple and logical that I'm just not hearing. I'm used to transcribing Gavin Harrison's stuff, and usually get it quite right, so I'm really surprised I couldn't figure this one out properly :-/. Also, those extra notes are just a guess to illustrate the accents better, but it's something like that, the bass drum and snare go there, or in the triplet-based equivalent (which subdivided like that sounds pretty much the same).

Fox.

Attachments

• Praise Him In Advance.jpg
    Praise Him In Advance.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 135
Back