remember Rhythm magazine?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
It was published around twenty to twenty five years ago and didn't last a very long time. It had a lot of great interviews and gear reviews.

Attachments

• 51ke9Ufy-vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51ke9Ufy-vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 159
Yes, I used to have all of them.

They had some decent interviews, but they had trouble keeping their focus.

I recall they had like a 10 part special review of the Simmons SDX (or what ever the mega expensive system was called).

At the time I talked to a rep from the magazine. I said "why are you wasting space on an about an electronic drum system no one can afford"

She said "but one day, you could save up for it"

And I said "By the time I saved up for it, it will be outdated"

She gave me a funny look.

Several months later, Simmons went out of business and the magazine folded.

opps!

I first bought a copy in 2004, and now I am still a regular subscriber to Rhythm magazine here in the UK. Was it only in America that it went bust? Or is Britain the only place where it is still sucessful? I find it a hugely useful, informative and interesting read and look forward to it arriving every month. I do hope we are talking about the same thing here :p

I first bought a copy in 2004, and now I am still a regular subscriber to Rhythm magazine here in the UK. Was it only in America that it went bust? Or is Britain the only place where it is still sucessful? I find it a hugely useful, informative and interesting read and look forward to it arriving every month. I do hope we are talking about the same thing here :p

I think the USA Magazine was completely different, with no association with the UK magazine.

Back