Mounting a 6 inch tom

T

The Old Hyde

I need a little help with my current restoration project. I have a 6x6 Ludwig tom and it has one of those clip mounts. I re-wrapped it last night and installed the lugs, vent, and head but hesitated in poking the holes for the clip mount. The problem is I dont have the stand side to mount the tom on when it is finished. I have some Ludwig rod mounts I could use but the holes dont match. Any suggestions on how to mount this little thing or where to get the bracket for the clip mount?

Please post a pic of the mount that you have.
Usually a 6 and an 8 inch tom are mounted together on a stand.

Please post a pic of the mount that you have.
Usually a 6 and an 8 inch tom are mounted together on a stand.

Its an octoplus so they 6 and 8 were mounted on one stand. Here is the picture I took before taking the wrap off.

Attachments

• TOM MOUNT.png
    TOM MOUNT.png
    390.5 KB · Views: 801
If you are not concerned with being true to using the original tom stand then I would suggest getting a modern Ludwig double tom stand that uses L rods and mounting the 6 and the 8 inch toms on it with suitable mounts like the one shown in the pic. (that is a Ludwig floor tom leg mount on a high tom) You will simply have to drill some new holes in the drums.
The other alternative is to search eBay for an original style mount.

Attachments

• 1227021010.jpg
    1227021010.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 526
Thanks Bob, Im thinking thats the way to go. The original mount is pretty crappy and Im not trying to keep it original. Thanks guys!!

Back