Line 6 POD 2.0

iontheable

Hey guys, quick question for you all..I've got an electric Semi Hollow that I love to play here and there, when I'm not on the drum kit..but I've been wanting to do some recording recently..

Now, I was thinking of ways other than mics to get the information to my computer and I think I've found a good solution, but I need someone experienced to check my logic here.

I am assuming with Line6 Pod 2.0 with a MIDI cable I'll be able to directly record my licks into a DAW on my computer, correct?

I can get a POD 1.0 with the 2.0 chip and a MIDI cable for $100..does anyone know of a better option?

I'm not looking for anything in particular, other than a few effects and a way to import directly to my computer.

Thanks for any Advice

The midi cable won't record audio. Midi is a computer language, not audio.

The POD only has a midi cable to sync it with other midi devices to select channel memories or automate POD settings.

So your idea will not work. You need to go through an audio input on your computer.

The midi cable won't record audio. Midi is a computer language, not audio.

The POD only has a midi cable to sync it with other midi devices to select channel memories or automate POD settings.

So your idea will not work. You need to go through an audio input on your computer.

Haha I knew I wasn't looking at it right.

I'm generally good with electronics, I am just dumb with MIDI and audio porting..

So, would the Line 6, and a audio input PCI card be an option for directly bringing it into my computer?

I am looking to avoid microphones, but let me know, thanks.

Haha I knew I wasn't looking at it right.

I'm generally good with electronics, I am just dumb with MIDI and audio porting..

So, would the Line 6, and a audio input PCI card be an option for directly bringing it into my computer?

I am looking to avoid microphones, but let me know, thanks.

Yup, that would work.

That is the advantage of the POD is you don't need an amp/cabinet/mic to record.

I don't own a POD myself, but my friend brings his over to my house all the time.

Just plug your guitar into the POD, run an audio cable from the POD to the audio input of the computer, and you have the ability to record a great tone without having to set up a full rig.

Actually used this method today to record some guitar, works fine and the sound quality is ok.

Back