solo transcription

Hello,

Over time I, somehow unnecessarily, developed the idea of transcribing drum solos, in particular those of Max Roach for the beginning. Not because he is my favorite drummer, but because his solos are pretty clear and relatively easy to follow. For example some Clifford Brown tunes...

I just don't know where and how to start. I would appreciate if someone could recommend some software. I am also very much open for song or other drummer suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Max Roach so,s are a great place to start. Also consider transcribing some timbale solos. I enjoyed transcringing Roman Banda’s timbale solos on the old Poncho Sanchez albums.

Hello,

Over time I, somehow unnecessarily, developed the idea of transcribing drum solos, in particular those of Max Roach for the beginning. Not because he is my favorite drummer, but because his solos are pretty clear and relatively easy to follow. For example some Clifford Brown tunes...

I just don't know where and how to start. I would appreciate if someone could recommend some software. I am also very much open for song or other drummer suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

But COULD YOU transcribe Max Roach besides trying?

´Cause to me your question is "strange", meaning, if you can transcribe one of his solos (Max Roach´s) for sure you can RECOGNIZE a lot of other material you could transcribe or you´ll be interested to transcribe.

Paul´s suggestion, Ramon Banda, is great. He has an awesome group with his brother, THE BANDA BROTHERS, really hip!

Best regards!

Back