DRUMCHAT FORUM??

... seems to attract some of the most vapid, self-righteous "drummers" ever assembled anywhere

Mike, respectful people often get accused of being self-righteous. It's nothing new.

...and the micro-moderators seem hell-bent on stifling any real debate.

By real debate, do you mean when it gets nasty? Because yes, that's when we would step in. Otherwise, you can debate all you want there.

The members of DrumChat often comment that what they like the best about the forum is that everyone is so nice and there is rarely any drama. But if you see that as vapid than that's Ok. There's always DrummerWorld right? So no harm is done. We all have different tastes. There's a forum for everybody out there.

Perfect - right on, agree totally

Mike, respectful people often get accused of being self-righteous. It's nothing new.

By real debate, do you mean when it gets nasty? Because yes, that's when we would step in. Otherwise, you can debate all you want there.

The members of DrumChat often comment that what they like the best about the forum is that everyone is so nice and there is rarely any drama. But if you see that as vapid than that's Ok. There's always DrummerWorld right? So no harm is done. We all have different tastes. There's a forum for everybody out there.

I'm just wondering, what is your official log-in name on Drumchat, Drumchat. Wow that sounded redundant, lol. I use to log in to your site a couple of years ago and I guess that I'm still a member there. The main reason I stopped going there was because of individuals replying to threads just to increase their post count and not really adding to the integrity of the threads. I use to enjoy giving a helping hand to those who were asking and very much still missing Frank.

No animosity towards anyone there.
Dennis

I'm just wondering, what is your official log-in name on Drumchat, Drumchat. Wow that sounded redundant, lol. I use to log in to your site a couple of years ago and I guess that I'm still a member there. The main reason I stopped going there was because of individuals replying to threads just to increase their post count and not really adding to the integrity of the threads. I use to enjoy giving a helping hand to those who were asking and very much still missing Frank.

No animosity towards anyone there.
Dennis
Hi Dennis,
None taken. I'm actually behind the scenes - su_admin. I'm not here to promote Drum Chat, only to address the concern of some members not being able to get in today. The mods have been on a few of the members just recently due to that issue you raised so we're on top of it. Thanks for your feedback.

Anyone here know what's up with drumchat forum?
I don't know if it's my pc or if the site has folded or just has some short term problems. I get directed to a different page.........an advertising page of some sort.

anyone here use the site or have any info on what's going on there?
http://www.drumchat.com

Yes, I'm getting the same thing right now...

An account is not deleted unless someone is not abiding by the forum rules. There are thousands of users in Drum Chat that never have any problem.

I broke no rules that I was aware of, was not warned in any way before termination, did not even receive a notice of deletion, and received no answer when I sent an email to ascertain the cause. Not a good experience. I'm fairly well versed on forum etiquette, don't use foul language, stay away from flame wars, etc. I don't know what the deal is...

I've been on DrumChat for a while and just joined here.

I haven't had a chance to poke around on DW much yet, but I'm hoping that the experience is as good as the one I've had at DrumChat.

Considering the state of many forums (I've belonged to some sports ones too) I, for one, appreciate the mods keeping things civil. There is a tendency online for people to get really nasty and personal with things, from my experience at least, and for me that doesn't really serve a purpose.

Good riddance to that forum.

They banned me simply because I mentioned my company name in a thread (not an advertisement, just telling someone what I did for a living). No warning, no notification.

I've emailed them and they don't even have the decency to explain why they won't unban me even when I promised I wouldn't mention my company again.

I'm having an issue getting on DrumChat too. From my phone this is all I get.

IMG_0613.png

I found that board a couple of month ago and I went there from time to time to read.

What was kind of annoying to me is that for whatever reason it continued to say lately several times: we a sorry, your IP adress has been banned..... I can't even read posts anymore, which can't be at all, since I am not registered there.

I broke no rules that I was aware of, was not warned in any way before termination, did not even receive a notice of deletion, and received no answer when I sent an email to ascertain the cause. Not a good experience. I'm fairly well versed on forum etiquette, don't use foul language, stay away from flame wars, etc. I don't know what the deal is...
Luke, I'm sorry that you had that experience. Sometimes things like this happen and if we don't have an answer, the best thing is just to try again. Again, my apologies.

Good riddance to that forum.

They banned me simply because I mentioned my company name in a thread (not an advertisement, just telling someone what I did for a living). No warning, no notification.

I've emailed them and they don't even have the decency to explain why they won't unban me even when I promised I wouldn't mention my company again.

TK, sorry you had that experience (I'm not a mod or anything). I've had nothing but good experiences. The only people I've seen banned are the one's who make racist, sexist, etc... comments, or those who really "flame" others.

TK, sorry you had that experience (I'm not a mod or anything). I've had nothing but good experiences. The only people I've seen banned are the one's who make racist, sexist, etc... comments, or those who really "flame" others.

Oh well, I'll live without drumchat. There are plenty of good drum boards out there. If Drumchat wants to be that selective about their members, let them. It's their loss, not mine.

Oh well, I'll live without drumchat. There are plenty of good drum boards out there. If Drumchat wants to be that selective about their members, let them. It's their loss, not mine.

I'm hoping you mean "selective" in terms of your issue and not people making racist, etc... comments. I've found it very pleasant, informative, etc... and because it's a smaller forum it's like a family, and it's easy to find your way around. I know the DC members and mods are always happy to have new people join, so maybe give it another shot?

DW seems great, but just because of the sheer size of it, it's a bit overwhelming when you first get here! Taking me a long time to catch up on posts LOL.

That's why we see each other from time to time elsewhere.... Like on UbD ;-) LOL !!!

First time I have seen DC go down, usually pretty good.

It's not DC, it's a whole bunch of websites. A DNS (domain name server) is down. Those are the internet servers that send you to a specific ip address based on the domain name. Happens on and off all the time.

I'm hoping you mean "selective" in terms of your issue and not people making racist, etc... comments. I've found it very pleasant, informative, etc... and because it's a smaller forum it's like a family, and it's easy to find your way around. I know the DC members and mods are always happy to have new people join, so maybe give it another shot?

DW seems great, but just because of the sheer size of it, it's a bit overwhelming when you first get here! Taking me a long time to catch up on posts LOL.

I did like the board, unfortunately, the mods have chosen to exclude me from their little family.

I've tried to re-register many times. I never get the approval. I've even tried using a different user name. They've made it clear that they don't want me there. That's ok. Like I said, plenty of other boards.

Back