My Cymbals

mitkoni

Hi guys,
I'm new here so this is my first post. Last night at the rehearsal place I took a picture and decided to share with you my cymbals set up. Sorry if my English doesn't sound right but isn't my first language :))

The cymbals from left to right are:

13" Meinl BYZANCE Fast Hats
6" Sabian AAX Splash
14" Stagg SH China
8" Zildjian K Spalsh
16" Alchemy ArtPro Crash
10" Sabian Rocktagon AA Spalsh
18" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash
12" PoBoy EarthJazz Splash
20" PoBoy EarthJazz Ride
20" Istanbul Mehmet Radinat Ride
15" PoBoy EarthJazz Crash
19" Sabian AAXtreme China

The drums aren't mine. This Sonor 2003 is in-house kit for the rehearsal space that we use. It has a worn out stock drum heads and the sound is terrible. The snare drum is mine though. It is a 13" Pearl piccolo maple with Genera dry head on it.

Attachments

• My_Cymbals_BW.jpg
    My_Cymbals_BW.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 975
Last edited:
that splash is so not round... what is it?

Octagonal!!! Ba-dum-chh! Thanks, I'll be here all week...

Nice setup, very eclectic choice in cymbals.

They have a 12" rocktagon at the music store near my house. Mick Brown of Dokken used to use 2, 18" or 20" rocktagons in his setup years back.

OH YEAH, very nice cymbal setup..........I like it a lot.

Nicely done. And your English is very good. Feel confident in that. And I assume drumming is your first language...it is quite universal.

BTW Jeff "Tain" Watts uses a rocktagon. Here's proof!

Attachments

• Watts,%20Jeff%208413.jpg
    Watts,%20Jeff%208413.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,526
man,awesome cymbal setup!
what are the PoBoy's like?
any sound clips ?

The PoBoy's are very unique pies. The 12" Splash is awesome I felt in love right away. The 15" Crash is very thick and it sounds almost like a crash\ride. Actually I ride on it very often. The funny part about this cymbal is that I don't like the sound alone but it blends very nice in musical situations. The ride has a dark and complex sound. I still have a hard time to control the overtones from it. About the sound clips I don't have any at the moment but soon I'm going to do some recording and I'll post the link after to check it out.

Last edited:
Nice collection of cymbals you've got! I've seen rocktagon crashes before but never the splash, I think I'd like the sound of it from how you described it.

How do those meinl hats sound?

Nice collection of cymbals you've got! I've seen rocktagon crashes before but never the splash, I think I'd like the sound of it from how you described it.

How do those meinl hats sound?

The Meinl hats are very cool. I don't know how to describe the sound with words, but they sound exactly like the Thomas Lang ones. If you check some of hes stuff will hear it your self. I know that I like it and sound is very different than my other 14" A Mastersound hats. I'm not saying that is better - just different.

Back