Speed King Pedals is all I know!

I wasn't. trying to cause a debate I know the song is about a tribute to the 50's singers (Little Richard,Jerry Lee Lewis, and so on) I just know SK were popular back then I just thought maybe DP was trying to think of a name and seen Ian's pedal LOL, I'm glad Ludwig is making a comeback there starting to do cool things again. Speed Kings will always be a great pedal a lot better then the "Ghost" pedal IMO back in those days but I don't. want to create another debate so i'll just keep it at that LOL.

Bonzolead

. Speed Kings will always be a great pedal a lot better then the "Ghost" pedal IMO back in those days but I don't. want to create another debate so i'll just keep it at that LOL.

Bonzolead

Those ghost pedals were terrible. They had a watch spring on the side. I was fotunate enogh that my very first kit came with a Speed King pedal. I didn't know anything about it but I liked it a lot. The only reason I stopped playing it was that my new Pearl kit came with 2 new Pearl pedals that I liked right away.

Those ghost pedals were terrible. They had a watch spring on the side. I was fotunate enogh that my very first kit came with a Speed King pedal. I didn't know anything about it but I liked it a lot. The only reason I stopped playing it was that my new Pearl kit came with 2 new Pearl pedals that I liked right away.
Yes I agree those Ghost pedals were like playing a bean bag LOL.

Bonzolead

Speed Kings will always be a great pedal a lot better then the "Ghost" pedal IMO back in those days but I don't. want to create another debate so i'll just keep it at that LOL.
Bonzolead

Not to be contrary, but it really is what you get used to. I've been playing a Ghost since about '74. Only pedal I've used since that time. I started on a Speed King and liked it, but I had a chance to test drive the Ghost, and I liked it better. It really is simply a matter of using it and developing skill with it if you feel the need or desire to. I just scored an additional Ghost off of Ebay to put on a rehearsal set. Long board direct drive pedals are far from a new concept, the Speed King and the Ghost are great examples of that. :)

Lyle

So Ludwig should update the Ghost, then they'll have a compression spring, direct drive long board contender all in one pedal.

I started on the speed king and loved it, but I find it outdated as far as reliablity. Ive broken 2 of them so I bought an Axis because it was the closest thing that I could find at the time, now the trick dominator, pro-, and the pearl demon all feel really cool. I just wish ludwig would make an updated verson, the only complaint I have about the pedal is the linkages. The link from the pedal to the base is that weird clip, the link from the pedal to the beater lever is that weird clip, and the beater isnt offset from the drive link so if you want a short beater, the shaft runs into the link along the stroke. I still think its a wonderful pedal though.

Back