Guitar?

CalebL721

Any of you also play guitar? If so let's see them! This is mine, A Stella H929 from, I think the early 60s. I got it for $80. These were sold new for $25. I love it, even if it does sound cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpg
    IMG_1832.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 316
Guitar, never touch the stuff, My fingertips hurt just looking at one. :)

I try. I'm limited to about seven chords at this time. I did play a bit of piano when I was younger and majored in music in college at one time. Becoming a musician has always been a goal of mine.

Love 'em.

Got a home-built Precision Bass with a Tele bass neck on there and Alembic pickups, a home-built Thinline Tele, a store boughten Thinline Tele, and an acoustic six string.

Good stuff.

I have a cheap Carlo Robelli jumbo I picked up at Sam Ash years ago.Not a bad sounding guitar but it need to set up properly since I get buzz below the 12 th fret.

I also have a Taylor 110 E and it's a great sounding guitar.It's properly set up and a pleasure to play...all 8 chords that I know.:)

Steve B

I got back into guitar last summer, and bought a new Schecter C-1 Custom (that Marshall 40W combo too). And I still have my old Gibson Les Paul Studio that I saved up for when I was a kid (1990).

I'm currently fighting the intense urge to trade in my tax refund for a Les Paul Standard/Traditional/Classic (not sure which yet... gibson really has made it difficult with the models).

attachment.php
attachment.php

Mine are on my page. I have a couple of Ibanez RG's and a 2X12 5150 Combo. I have gigged with them a few times and get a ton of compliments on what is basically entry level equipment. Definitely haven't put as much into my guitar set-up as I have my drumset.

I can play a little. I have a Strat, a Tele and a Yamaha acoustic that is signed by Taj Mahal, Rory Block, Danny Gatton, Tommy Conwell, Sonny Rhodes, and a few other lesser knowns.

I prefer to play bass, but I can handle smaller strings a little bit, too. Had some lessons as a kid, but mostly I just remember what each fret sounds/feels like and play whatever notes come to mind for the idea. I could never remember what chord/note was what, but could play some if I heard them.

We got a ruined old ship-wreck looking stand up bass too, I love playing that thing. So physical, like drums.

I'm not nearly as proficient at guitar as I am drums, but I enjoy it. My favorite semi-hollowbody Ibanez is in my avatar, along with my Luddies.

I prefer to play bass, but I can handle smaller strings a little bit, too. Had some lessons as a kid, but mostly I just remember what each fret sounds/feels like and play whatever notes come to mind for the idea. I could never remember what chord/note was what, but could play some if I heard them.

We got a ruined old ship-wreck looking stand up bass too, I love playing that thing. So physical, like drums.

I play bass too, I have a Squire Jaguar and an Ibanez AEB5E acoustic bass. Bass was actually the first instrument I learned to play.

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 255
Here's a better pic of my meager guitar collection. And one of my photography buddies.

Attachments

• 468a.JPG
    468a.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 251
Back