Anyone recognize these drums?

rustyfingers

10 lugs on the bass and painted interiors.

Attachments

• drums.jpg
    drums.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 299
  • drums2.jpg
    drums2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 294
The lugs are what they used on the early Tama Rockstars from the 80s? definitely not Ludwig. The bass drum spur brackets are the third party stuff you can get from Drumfactorydirect.com. It is a cool color though, I doubt they're Ludwigs.

The lugs are what they used on the early Tama Rockstars from the 80s? definitely not Ludwig. The bass drum spur brackets are the third party stuff you can get from Drumfactorydirect.com. It is a cool color though, I doubt they're Ludwigs.

Definitely TAMA lugs. Thanks !

Dennis

these aren’t Tama RS lugs ! Definately. Maybe Sonor Phonic lugs.

Last edited:
Lol, I thought I saw a keystone in the bottom left of the pic. Increasing the brightness reveals it's not.

Weren't the ROC drums the same guys who made the MaxTone drums? They looked identical, if I remember correctly. But then again, at the time, a lot of what came out of China looked very generic - completely ripping off on the Pearl hardware concept.

Glen used to call the OEM stuff from Taiwan Tamaha.
Looks similar ,but the metal and plating weren't quite up to Japanese standards.

these aren’t Tama RS lugs ! Definately. Maybe Sonor Phonic lugs.

They're generic Taiwanese lugs made to look somewhat similar to both the Tama and Sonor lugs but not the same as either. There's also a version of this lug that has a single dot above the lines, again aping the Sonor lugs.

Back