Interesting Weird Al conversation on radio show

AxisDrummer

This morning, my local radio station (105.7 The Point in St. Louis, MO) talked a bit about Weird Al.

They said that one artist that he always wanted to parody was Prince. However he could not get permission from him even after countless times asking him.

Supposedly he doesn't HAVE to get permission to parody a song, but does it out of respect and courtesy for the artist.

Allegedly there were a few prince parody songs in the works already: Let's Go Crazy and another one that escapes my mind. Supposedly also wanted to do a parody of 1999 with a video of calling "1-800" numbers that all end in 1999.

Bermuda, where's your flashlight? Shed some light on this! :)

Not sure what you need light on.

Al has said this numerous times over the years.

There is a VH-I behind the music on Al that goes into a little more detail as to why Al wants permission, even if he doesn't legally need it. It can be streamed online.

Not sure what you need light on.

Al has said this numerous times over the years.

There is a VH-I behind the music on Al that goes into a little more detail as to why Al wants permission, even if he doesn't legally need it. It can be streamed online.

I haven't followed Al to any great length so I was unaware that this is common knowledge among the general population.

I ditched cable a long time ago, but I'll look into it online.

Back