Mounting a Personal Mixer behind the Kit

GrimmReefer

Hi Guys!

I have looked high and low for a solution to this with no luck. Long story short I recently upgraded my Roland SPD-S to an SPD-SX with external pads etc. To incorporate click it is time for me to go with in ear monitors. I purchased an RCF Livepad 6X which should work great to receive the click from the sampler as well as a monitor mix from the sound guy. I have molded ear buds already.

Anyway...I think looks are as important to the show as anything else so I like to have everything neatly mounted to look good. I am having trouble figuring out how to mount this mixer. Preferably I would love to mount it next to or slightly under the SPD-SX which is mounted to its own dedicated drum stand.

I have looked into laptop mounts, mixer mounts, percussion mounts etc and cant figure out what would work best.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any feedback as always!

NICE! That Gibraltar stand looks pretty cool, and it wouldn't be difficult to add some adapters and a pole in order mount the Roland above the mixer.

I agree that you should mount vertically instead of next to each other (that just takes up twice the space.)

Bermuda

NICE! That Gibraltar stand looks pretty cool, and it wouldn't be difficult to add some adapters and a pole in order mount the Roland above the mixer.

I agree that you should mount vertically instead of next to each other (that just takes up twice the space.)

Bermuda

I like it because you can adjust both the width and length to make it snug around a mixer, laptop, etc. And yeah, pretty easy to integrate it with other things.

I like that stand! Unfortunately it does seem like it would be too big for a 6 channel mixer. The thing is only 8inches wide so this one may be overkill.

However, it is highly possible I am being too picky. Maybe I will have to fabricate something somehow.

I made a mixer stand that doubles as a box to put mic cables and mics in as well as the mixer for transport. I will admit it is pretty heavy so I plan to put some wheels on it.

While on stage it doubles as the mixer stand but also a shelf for other things I keep close by like my personal monitor, small flashlight, towel, extra shirt and a place to store my mic case.

Attachments

• IMG_20150205_095923.jpg
    IMG_20150205_095923.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 1,045
I like that stand! Unfortunately it does seem like it would be too big for a 6 channel mixer. .

Look for component that will mount on top of your SPD stand (similar to the one in the Gilbralter link) and make the T part a bit wider and you could mount your spd on one side and the mixer next to it (with the same kind of mount as the spd)

OK after about two months of compiling this rig I finally have it complete! New Sampler to replace my old SPD-S as well as external pads and a personal mixer for in ear monitors. I will take a few pictures of it at my next gig and post them here.

I bought this percussion tray because it was the smallest one I could find. I had to rig the clamp slightly but other than that it works perfectly. It sits nicely just below my sampler on the same stand and the mixer fits like a glove!

Thanks for the input here! It really helped me decide on what to get.

Well keep it simple i use my floor tom case as a stand .
I just put my 12 souncraft on it ,hight is ideal for my .
and i don't like carry around lost of stands .

OK, as promised here are a couple of pics. SPD-SX is on a stand and i used a small percussion tray to mount the mixer next to it. Not only does it work well but I think it looks pretty sweet!

***the percussion tray is on the same stand as the sampler.

Attachments

• IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 991
OK, as promised here are a couple of pics. SPD-SX is on a stand and i used a small percussion tray to mount the mixer next to it. Not only does it work well but I think it looks pretty sweet!

***the percussion tray is on the same stand as the sampler.

Very nice!

Tell us about your drums.

Don't have any pics, but I use a Meinl Large Percussion table (clamped to either a cymbal stand or my hihat stand).

I've covered the tray in velcro, so the mixer and DI box I have there stays firmly put no matter what I do. So when travelling, I don't even remove any pieces from the table, I just throw it in a bag. When I set up, all I need to connect is the power and an XLR and I'm ready to go.

Back