14" - Suspended to floor tom

The Pearl air suspension feet work great. You'll notice little difference between legs with those on them and a RIMS mount. I put them on all my floors (all legged).

The feet are available separately for about $10/set of 3, so it may be cheaper to use other legs with the Pearl feet.

Most bang-for-the-buck I ever got from a drum accessory.

I just bought the Purecussion 16'' tom to floortom kit. Including legs and a RIMS mount.

7983_1.JPG

it works great and add's to the (allready good) sound.

A real recomendation!!!

I just bought the Purecussion 16'' tom to floortom kit. Including legs and a RIMS mount.

7983_1.JPG

it works great and add's to the (allready good) sound.

A real recomendation!!!

mqn, how much did that cost? i could do one that already has the mounts built in...
by the way, i cam across a picture of your red yammies... beautiful lefty kit, wow.

and yes, ill cheat pearl and just get the rubber feet and some standard rods.

but, i still favor the classic mounting.

What about just mounting it on a snare stand?? No drilling required and easily allows you to mount the drum again if you want or need to.

Your Guitar Center can order the floor tom brackets from DW for the PDP.

DW won't sell their lugs but they will sell the PDP lugs and tom brackets, etc..

This way they'll match the hardware on your bass drum spurs and won't harm the resale value of your kit.

Just get regular legs and do the Bob Gatzen foam square trick or splurge and buy the $10 Pearl air suspension feet that drumtechdad mentioned.

BTW, I think the drum will sound better on the STM mount.

Hey TB,

Just curious, why do you want to make your 14 a floor w/ legs.

Don't you like the STM mounts?

Back