Some of my gear. Beginning with my favorite subject, snares

Damn, Now I'm drooling at your Rogers snare! More memories... : ) Thats a Dynasonic right?

They are African. You see my friend, I am NOT a drummer. I am a percussionist. As such I am alowed by law to wear anything. Especially pants like that made in Africa.

A woman asked me the other day, "What is the difference between a drummer and a percussionist?" I answered: "If you hand a drummer an ash tray, he'll light a cigarette. If you hand a percussionist an ash tray, he'll play it."

Dude, I've been on stage in nothing buy my underpants. ;) (Inspired by Bozzio)

Those pants are nothing!

Damn, Now I'm drooling at your Rogers snare! More memories... : ) Thats a Dynasonic right?

Yeah mate, I also gave him the matching 5x14". He was and still is a good student.

That kit was stolen in a robbery, by the way. Including that 20" ride cymbal given to me as a 21st birthday present by my dying mother. All the snares were on tour with me at the time. All my Zildjian cymbals were lost. I was left with my touring Paiste collection and those snares. And the Remo touring kit.

Hi dude!

I'm Brazilian drummer, I live in Brazil and I am very impressed with all their equipment. SONOR snares are so perfect, like the others also YAMAHA Steve Gadd.

About the Brazilian instruments, if you need any information from any of them, just ask me that I will be happy to help you, ok?

Regards and once again, congratulations on your equipment!

Well Hello!

I love Brasilian music and play as much as I can. I am sponsored by Espiritu de samba, in the USA. Sadly in my country samba is not so big. (I recently tried to put a Brasilian big band together, with rather dubious results! I left it to die on the vine.)

Today I received a new reco reco from Liverpool barqueta. I will pass it onto a great young student.

Do you play Brasilian percussion? IME most Brasialian drummers do not know their own heritage and spend time copying Dave Weckl LOL.

It's good to know that Brazilian music and Brazilian instruments transcend borders and reach on all continents. This store (Epírito de Samba) I do not know here in Brazil, unfortunately.

Here we love and we are born knowing samba drumming, because everything involves
that rhytm, especially during Carnival. But many, many musicians love and study hard the grooves Americans, especially the jazz.

You're endorser of Liverpool?

I play some percussion instruments such as tambourine (aka "caixeta"), agogô, pandeiro, tantã (aka "rebolo"), repinique (aka "repique"), surdo, triâgulo, zabumba, and that's it! But
instruments that actually play and study is the drums.

We have many influences Brazilian Drummer (I recommend you "Kiko Freitas" watch on YouTube), but idolize drummers in the world whole. I'm Particularly fond of Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl (because of him using my nickname), Joe Morello, Jojo Mayer, Benny Greb, Thomas Lang, Aaron Spears, Dennis Chambers, etc...

Sorry by my english. LOL

Thanks!

It's good to know that Brazilian music and Brazilian instruments transcend borders and reach on all continents. This store (Epírito de Samba) I do not know here in Brazil, unfortunately.

Here we love and we are born knowing samba drumming, because everything involves
that rhytm, especially during Carnival. But many, many musicians love and study hard the grooves Americans, especially the jazz.

I play some percussion instruments such as tambourine (aka "caixeta"), agogô, pandeiro, tantã (aka "rebolo"), repinique (aka "repique"), surdo, triâgulo, zabumba, and that's it! But
instruments that actually play and study is the drums.

We have many influences Brazilian Drummer (I recommend you "Kiko Freitas" watch on YouTube), but idolize drummers in the world whole. I'm Particularly fond of Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl (because of him using my nickname), Joe Morello, Jojo Mayer, Benny Greb, Thomas Lang, Aaron Spears, Dennis Chambers, etc...

Sorry by my english. LOL

Thanks!

My friend, I am honoured to know you. Let's share music without borders.

I am an endless student of the music of Brasil. I need as much information as I can get > please keep me up to date.

Of course. I'll help you ever you need.

How about you start a thread on the top 10 Brasilian CDs of 2010?

It is hard to get this stuff here in Australia. Even harder to find information in English. I would appreciate the help.

Well, kind of. At this time I am supposed to write a review of their sticks before the NAMM show. But my dad fell down stairs and I am nursing him full time. (I had to give away a NYE gig to do it) They sent me a box of sticks a few months ago. They are quite good. I dislike the native Brasilian sticks due to lack of rebound. But the hickory sticks were amongst the best I have played. But they sent me just one pair. And one brush!!!!

How the hell could I review one brush????

They have a long way to go before they can compete with Vic, Pro Mark, regal tip etc.

But their instruments are great. I received a Liverpool reco reco the other day and its wonderful. Beautiful sound. I will give it to a student. (I have too many reco recos)

Cheers mate.

As for endorsements. I have always turned them down. I prefer to choose my own sound. I have done many favors for companies but never fully endorsed anyone. Silly because I probably could have used the press. But my ideas are my ideas. No matter how misguided. I've played to millions of people. But nobody knows who I am. We must follow our own course. I will do this for Liverpool. But no one will know.

It has always been thus.

Picture011.jpg

How about you start a thread on the top 10 Brasilian CDs of 2010?

It is hard to get this stuff here in Australia. Even harder to find information in English. I would appreciate the help.

Dude, sorry by delay answer you, but I was traveling because the new year party. The purpose, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Well, your idea are great! And I start with the new instrumental CD of amazing brazilian bass player, Ney Conceição. The CD name is "Swingado" and is a mix of brazil and latin rhytms, like samba, latin-jazz, and others grooves of here. To me, the best track is "Bertrami's Song", is amazing samba-funky!

Hugs.

Well, kind of. At this time I am supposed to write a review of their sticks before the NAMM show. But my dad fell down stairs and I am nursing him full time. (I had to give away a NYE gig to do it) They sent me a box of sticks a few months ago. They are quite good. I dislike the native Brasilian sticks due to lack of rebound. But the hickory sticks were amongst the best I have played. But they sent me just one pair. And one brush!!!!

How the hell could I review one brush????

They have a long way to go before they can compete with Vic, Pro Mark, regal tip etc.

But their instruments are great. I received a Liverpool reco reco the other day and its wonderful. Beautiful sound. I will give it to a student. (I have too many reco recos)

Cheers mate.

As for endorsements. I have always turned them down. I prefer to choose my own sound. I have done many favors for companies but never fully endorsed anyone. Silly because I probably could have used the press. But my ideas are my ideas. No matter how misguided. I've played to millions of people. But nobody knows who I am. We must follow our own course. I will do this for Liverpool. But no one will know.

It has always been thus.

Yes, I perfectly understand you. Here, we use a lot Vic Firth, but the nacional factory of sticks are growing and bettering.

I hope your dad stay better soon.

Thanks mate. As it turned out I have been too busy with dad, sleeping in an office chair since 23 December to do anything. I did receive some gear from Turkey and Brasil. I will post the pic's soon.

Dude, sorry by delay answer you, but I was traveling because the new year party. The purpose, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Well, your idea are great! And I start with the new instrumental CD of amazing brazilian bass player, Ney Conceição. The CD name is "Swingado" and is a mix of brazil and latin rhytms, like samba, latin-jazz, and others grooves of here. To me, the best track is "Bertrami's Song", is amazing samba-funky!

Hugs.

Awesome! I am a bit all over the place right now, but I will check it out.

Tama Made in Japan Birch Bubinga 13x6. AMAZING!

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjAtMjAxMTAxMTctMTI0MS5qcGc.jpg

New cymbals have begun arriving from Turkey. I have been given a few from a new brand to me, Masterwork.

Istanbul Mehmet 10 and 8" Sultan splashes.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjYtMjAxMTAxMTktMDgzMi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjctMjAxMTAxMTktMDgzMi5qcGc.jpg

Istanbul Mehmet Traditional 19" dark crash.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjEtMjAxMTAxMTktMDgyOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjMtMjAxMTAxMTktMDgzMC5qcGc.jpg

Istanbul Mehmet 15" Nostalgia hi hats.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzQtMjAxMTAxMzEtMDg1Ny5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzUtMjAxMTAxMzEtMDg1Ny5qcGc.jpg

Masterwork 14" Custom hi hats. I got two pair of these.

Pair one.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjQtMjAxMTAxMTktMDgzMC5qcGc.jpg

Pair two. Slightly different weight.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzgtMjAxMTAxMzEtMDkwMC5qcGc.jpg

Masterwork 16" Custom crash.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzItMjAxMTAxMzEtMDg1Ni5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzMtMjAxMTAxMzEtMDg1Ni5qcGc.jpg

Masterwork 20" Custom medium ride.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzYtMjAxMTAxMzEtMDg1OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzctMjAxMTAxMzEtMDg1OS5qcGc.jpg

One I forgot about. 6" Ufip classic splash.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjgtMjAxMTAxMTktMTAzMS5qcGc.jpg

Back