Should I warn them???

Sheesh, Henri, there goes our surprise attack! :)

Instead of a forum war, how about a drum off? Our best player against their best player. Beats a baseball game. Who is our best player? SickRick?

Instead of a forum war, how about a drum off? Our best player against their best player. Beats a baseball game. Who is our best player? SickRick?

Our best? We have lots of really good ones. There are several pros on here and there are tons of good drummers not as well known on here. I haven't seen the quality of the other forums so I wouldn't know about that.

Last edited:
If we gonna have a war, should we warn them?

We have the most powerful and destructive fighter the world of drumming has ever know... they might as well surrender now :)

You've outdone yourself this time Henri- a "normal" person would have stopped at lasers just coming out of the eyes! : )

If we gonna have a war, should we warn them?

We have the most powerful and destructive fighter the world of drumming has ever know... they might as well surrender now :)

We'll call her the Mar-inator. Inspired by the Fem-Bots. You go girl!

Just give the guy a chance.People do change on occasion,and everybody need a second chance(or third,forth ect) once in a while.

Everybody has the right to throw thenselves under the bus,without any help from anyone else.

Poke ANYBODY with a stick often enough,and you'll see something in that person,you haven't seen before.

We all live in glass houses,but not all of us realize it.Just my 2 cents.

Steve B

+1

At least Glen is passionate about drums and drumming. And I think he recently aquired a Gretsch -)

How many chances does a person need?
The problem with Glen is - there's (at least) 2 of them.
And you never know whether you're talking to/dealing with Glen-Jekyll or Glen-Hyde.
One of them is a friendly guy, the other... ugh. No need being too diplomatic.

As for the talk on that other drum forum... Personally I couldn't care less.
Jared... I respect and appreciate what he's been doing with his free lessons and his current project. (I do have a few of their packages but I feel I don't need any more of those.) But his brainfart claiming to be the inventor of the single handed roll and talking Johnny Rabb down is inexcusable.

Last edited:
Just been out of the country for a few days, & low & behold, a "Sticks" thread!

I got the PM's this time round too. I promised not to out him, as he was supposedly just reading posts. Nothing wrong with that, but I had no Idea he was PMing other members too. Glen feels this forum is very "clicky", & operates at the exclusion of others. I suppose it's easy to mistake a group of enthusiastic posters who just happen to get along, for some sort of exclusive club - if you're centered on it.

I couldn't believe Larry got berated for expressing an opinion about drums on a drum forum. Strange eh. Just for the record, the content of Glen's PM's to me were not insulting, but the subject matter was fairly predictable.

Markadiddle - welcome - & you may want to drag these to your desktop for later use ;)

Attachments

• bart.jpg
    bart.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 208
  • badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 203
Just for the record, the content of Glen's PM's to me were not insulting, but the subject matter was fairly predictable.

Markadiddle - welcome - & you may want to drag these to your desktop for later use ;)
Let me guess, Guru drums bad, Mapex Saturns good?

Well, I have communicated with him on dc, and he has said nothing offensive that I have seen, and people there love his 13 kits. Maybe he has changed... I am making sure not to say anything to set him off though.

I am also glad I was not involved in the previous situations. It may sometimes be fun to engage in heated discussions, but it can sometimes hurt down the line.

Just been out of the country for a few days, & low & behold, a "Sticks" thread!

I got the PM's this time round too. I promised not to out him, as he was supposedly just reading posts. Nothing wrong with that, but I had no Idea he was PMing other members too. Glen feels this forum is very "clicky", & operates at the exclusion of others. I suppose it's easy to mistake a group of enthusiastic posters who just happen to get along, for some sort of exclusive club - if you're centered on it.

I couldn't believe Larry got berated for expressing an opinion about drums on a drum forum. Strange eh. Just for the record, the content of Glen's PM's to me were not insulting, but the subject matter was fairly predictable.

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I never understood being "clicky" in a forum. We're all on a quest to become better drummers. Why not help one another? Isn't that what these forums are for? I understand that yes, sometimes egos and pride get in the way. Sometimes people just have to agree to disagree and move on. I join these forums to try and learn and gain experience from others. I also like to share what I know in hopes that it might help others.

Glen has been nothing but a nice guy over on the other forum. I don't really want to have any preconceived notions when it comes to the guy. Innocent until proven guilty. I should have realized that from the start. If the guy does turn in to Glen-Jekyll or Glen-Hyde, well, that's for the mods to sort out. It's easy enough to ignore trolls.

Sticks has succeeded in his goal, to bring Saturn drums to the forefront. Everybody here, thanks to Glen, is aware of Saturn drums, with their walnut interior ply now. Hey, he educated me and I've read enough from other drummers to conclude that Mapex got it right with the Saturns.

But it's a broken record on a treadmill. personally, I'm totally sick of it. We've been down that road a hundred times, and the scenery is exactly the same, so is the destination. Anything positive said about any other brand, and Glen for some reason takes it as a slap to Saturns. Which it isn't.

Myself, I'm totally sick of the brand of drums being the most important thing. The brand of drums isn't even on the list of things that makes a great drummer, at least in my mind. The drummer is the important thing. The drum brand is just a necessary thing that drummers have to deal with.

It's a very shallow view of drumming when the brand of drums takes the lions share of thought energy.

Glen I know you are reading this. You've made your point in a thousand different threads. We get it, mission accomplished. It would be so refreshing to move on to a different focus, something not gear related. I wonder if you're on the Mapex payroll sometimes.

While outwardly, it may seem that there is a "clique" of regular posters, and really, there's no way to escape that impression, it's not a closed loop. New blood is encouraged by all. Look at the warm reception Markadiddle got. That is not the hallmark of a "clique", where "outsiders" are discouraged.

While outwardly, it may seem that there is a "clique" of regular posters, and really, there's no way to escape that impression, it's not a closed loop. New blood is encouraged by all. Look at the warm reception Markadiddle got. That is not the hallmark of a "clique", where "outsiders" are discouraged.

DW members have all been amazingly open and tolerant to me since joining. I think this is true of most new members however as a new member you also have to be willing to put yourself out there and join in on the conversations. If someone expects to be a part of the group without participating on a semi-intelligent, non-threatening level themselves, then of course they are not going to feel like they fit in. It's really all about what YOU make your experience to be.

For me, I've found a great little family of drumming friends here that are among some of the finest people I've met. Now I just wish I could meet some of you fine people in person...anyone want to buy a poor gal a plane ticket to England? :p

Heck Sticks/Glen almost got me to pull the trigger on a Mapex kit. I was sooo close.

He may be the Lindsay Lohan of drum forums. Nice, then in trouble, on endless probations. Oh Canada....

So I go to Drumchat for the first time ever, and the first thing I read is “the worlds greatest...” “Worlds”? Really? How many worlds are we talking about? I thought drumming was pretty much confined to Earth. Guess they showed me!

Okay, okay, I know that’s a bit anal of me. But seriously, if the very first thing I read is blatantly sloppy, why would I look much deeper?

I think I’ll stick with Drummerworld, thank you very much.

Don't knock until you've tried it, my friend. DC is a very nice, family friendly forum. We really don't need to start a forum war.

Back