which size stick to stay with?

RyanL

For the past two years I have been playing with my drum teachers sig. stick from pro mark, which I don't know the size but they were BIG, Bigger than 2b's (maybe 2s) and I assume they were marching sticks because on them it said "marching into the new millennium." Anyway I got used to these sticks but I recently bought two pairs for pro mark 2b's since I thought I should go back to something lighter. After playing with these for a little, they feel very different and uncomfortable. I want to go back to the huge sticks but I feel I should be playing an actual drum set stick rather than a marching band stick. Should I just keep playing with the 2b until I get used to them, or swap back to the much bigger sticks?

You can play what you like but I think using massive clubs for sticks will ultimately limit you. I'd work with the 2b's for a while and kind of work yourself down. You want to get to a point were you can choose a stick appropriate for the gig no matter what it is

For the past two years I have been playing with my drum teachers sig. stick from pro mark, which I don't know the size but they were BIG, Bigger than 2b's (maybe 2s) and I assume they were marching sticks because on them it said "marching into the new millennium." Anyway I got used to these sticks but I recently bought two pairs for pro mark 2b's since I thought I should go back to something lighter. After playing with these for a little, they feel very different and uncomfortable. I want to go back to the huge sticks but I feel I should be playing an actual drum set stick rather than a marching band stick. Should I just keep playing with the 2b until I get used to them, or swap back to the much bigger sticks?

Ha, were they by chance (and is your teacher by chance) named Dennis DeLucia?

Back