Phil Maturano here!

Hi Darren! wow thanks for posting that!! FUN!! That was a great day. Thank you again for setting it up and making it happen. Say Hi to all the cats there for me.
Big hugs
PM

Yo Phil,

How's it going bro! The clip from your recent clinic is on the site, have you seen it? If not here's the link:

http://www.drum-tech.co.uk/MasterPMaturano2.html

Great stuff....
Thanks for that clip....

Phil - gosh darnet will you come to L.A already.....How you forgotten bout our nice weather and pretty women :) we need some masterclasses too.....

Seriously I got your DVD as a present and the Hudson version still didn't work on my player (time for a new player) but it plays on my computer so its all good....

Its just what I need as my chops are developing now I need to know how to use them appropriately and in good musical taste...

I think its the best Afro-Cuban DVD available that I've seen....

Man I wish i could but there is nothing really lined up out there. Just got a request to do a clinic at PIT, but ...dont think its going to happen unless more clinic dates can be lined up. I am working on it with my companies but as you know...these things take time.

I am glad you like the dvd and would love to hear about your progress.
Hugs
PM

Private Master class in Köln Germany

Hello everyone I just wanted to let you know I am doing a private seminar in the Köln Area on Sunday - January 27th.
here is a description of the event.

This is a concept for master classes that I have run very successfully here in the states. It is Limited to 15 people per event. We concentrate on YOUR playing by your heavy participation in the event. You will play to tracks, read charts, be asked questions about your technique and playing concepts by me and other participants in the class. Then I will analyze and give you feedback on all areas where more work can be done. I am providing all curriculum and the class lasts 4 hours. There will be breaks of course. Everyone will participate, that's why it's limited to 15 people.

If you are interested in participating please email me at

[email protected]

The cost is 50 Euros for the day and you will receive material and play alongs for you to take with you. I hope to see you there and wish you all the best.
Phil M.

Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Hello everyone I just wanted to let you know I am doing a private seminar in the Köln Area on Sunday - January 27th.
here is a description of the event.

This is a concept for master classes that I have run very successfully here in the states. It is Limited to 15 people per event. We concentrate on YOUR playing by your heavy participation in the event. You will play to tracks, read charts, be asked questions about your technique and playing concepts by me and other participants in the class. Then I will analyze and give you feedback on all areas where more work can be done. I am providing all curriculum and the class lasts 4 hours. There will be breaks of course. Everyone will participate, that's why it's limited to 15 people.

If you are interested in participating please email me at

[email protected]

The cost is 50 Euros for the day and you will receive material and play alongs for you to take with you. I hope to see you there and wish you all the best.
Phil M.

Man that sounds great...Wanna come to Australia with that class Phil?...Seriously do you have any plans for coming to Australia in the future? I'd love to have the opportunity to go to a clinic of yours.

Man that sounds great...Wanna come to Australia with that class Phil?...Seriously do you have any plans for coming to Australia in the future? I'd love to have the opportunity to go to a clinic of yours.

I would love to go there! If you can help me line up enough people to make it happen. For something like that we would have to have a couple of days and make it more cats though. Any thoughts?
P

I would love to go there! If you can help me line up enough people to make it happen. For something like that we would have to have a couple of days and make it more cats though. Any thoughts?
P

Oh yea sounds great. I'll speak to my store see if anything can happen. But i feel the most likely way to get you out, would be with the Australia's Ultimate Drummers Weekend. It wouldn't be quite as personal as the above class, or a clinic, but it'd be great to have you out!
Although if you came out for the festival, maybe you could stay a few extra days and do some classes...I shall speak to my store, but for the AUDW we'll see if Ozzy Biz can drop in on Drumtek, as thats a fair while away for me.

Oh yea sounds great. I'll speak to my store see if anything can happen. But i feel the most likely way to get you out, would be with the Australia's Ultimate Drummers Weekend. It wouldn't be quite as personal as the above class, or a clinic, but it'd be great to have you out!
Although if you came out for the festival, maybe you could stay a few extra days and do some classes...I shall speak to my store, but for the AUDW we'll see if Ozzy Biz can drop in on Drumtek, as thats a fair while away for me.

I could have dropped in if you had this discussion at the start of the week! I'm at home in Deniliquin (southern NSW) at the moment, but I was in Melbourne yesterday.
Phil, I think you would be a great at AUDW, your playing is great to watch and hear. Most of the guys that go there do classes and stuff outside the event as well, often doing a little tour of Melb, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra. I'll see if I can get my hands on Frank's email or just the Drumtek store one.

So you've moved have you? And they do, do that street scene (is that what it's called?) tour. Like 07 was Benny Greb, Marco, Tony Royster etc. I forgot about that tour. Phil, you should do the tour and some classes. lol. This would be great if we can get you over.

So you've moved have you? And they do, do that street scene (is that what it's called?) tour. Like 07 was Benny Greb, Marco, Tony Royster etc. I forgot about that tour. Phil, you should do the tour and some classes. lol. This would be great if we can get you over.

Nah, haven't really moved. I was at boarding school for the last four years in sth yarra, now live at college out at monash uni. My home address has always been in Deniliquin, where I still live during holidays; like the 3.5 months I have between last semester and the next one.

I could have dropped in if you had this discussion at the start of the week! I'm at home in Deniliquin (southern NSW) at the moment, but I was in Melbourne yesterday.
Phil, I think you would be a great at AUDW, your playing is great to watch and hear. Most of the guys that go there do classes and stuff outside the event as well, often doing a little tour of Melb, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra. I'll see if I can get my hands on Frank's email or just the Drumtek store one.

Well...that would be great!! I dont have any contacts to the guys who run that festival. Do you know who they are? I am actually starting to book a world tour in support of the re release of my DVD by Hudson. So this seems to be a perfect idea to get over there.

Do you know when the festival is taking place?
PM

Well...that would be great!! I dont have any contacts to the guys who run that festival. Do you know who they are? I am actually starting to book a world tour in support of the re release of my DVD by Hudson. So this seems to be a perfect idea to get over there.

Do you know when the festival is taking place?
PM

http://www.drumtek.com.au/
This is the website to the store that runs the festival. The owner/founder of the store Frank Corniola started the festival 15yrs ago. It's like the MD Fest of the southern hemisphere. They haven't got any info on the site about 08 Fest yet, which is good as maybe they haven't finalized the artists. It is normally held later in the year around September but 07 was a bit earlier, on the 28th/29th of July weekend.

http://www.drumtek.com.au/
This is the website to the store that runs the festival. The owner/founder of the store Frank Corniola started the festival 15yrs ago. It's like the MD Fest of the southern hemisphere. They haven't got any info on the site about 08 Fest yet, which is good as maybe they haven't finalized the artists. It is normally held later in the year around September but 07 was a bit earlier, on the 28th/29th of July weekend.

Thank LG. I will check out how to make this happen and let you know the results. Do you guys surf out there?
P

PS check this out!! This cat is amazing!!

http://www.mbalafunk.com/

All the best
P

Last edited:

Thank LG. I will check out how to make this happen and let you know the results. Do you guys surf out there?
P

PS check this out!! This cat is amazing!!

http://www.mbalafunk.com/

All the best
P

Lol. If you came down I'm sure you'd be able to get some surf time in. I used to surf a bit, but i haven't in a while. You could get down to Torquay, or Phillip Island and check the penguins. lol

Your right. Cat's pumpin' http://www.mbalafunk.com/Mbalafunk.mp3

Last edited:

Lol. If you came down I'm sure you'd be able to get some surf time in. I used to surf a bit, but i haven't in a while. You could get down to Torquay, or Phillip Island and check the penguins. lol

Your right. Cat's pumpin' http://www.mbalafunk.com/Mbalafunk.mp3

I also have the new Moktar Samba CD! Definitely worth getting!!
that Mbalafunk stuff is superb.

Anyway slots are filling up now for the Seminar. If anyone is still interested better make it quick! havent heard anything from the cats in Australia. I imagine it will have to go the company route to get a hold of them. Maybe they dont really check out the general email address from the store. Who knows, BUT i am very keen on getting out there this year! So lets see.

New Playalongs are here!!!

If anyone is interested, I have a series of new playalongs coming out. The first one is already posted on my blog for download. I am not turning it into a book for sale through a publisher. It will only be availble through my website... online.

http://www.philmaturano.com/blog/

I hope you dig it and will give me some feedback. Here is the info.
====================

Its finally here! Inner clock 2! The follow up from the extremely popular “Working the inner clock” book.

I have a new collection of play alongs designed and written with specific objectives in mind. Each track targets certain subdivisions and grooves. 16th notes, 8th notes etc. Each track will have a chart, and this is something new! Each track will have different versions. Each version changes in tempo in increments of 5 BPM. So that you can really work out your vocabulary, slow and fast. This really gives your grooves a chance sink and and get solid!

When you purchase a track you will get an email with…
1) The chart complete with an extensive rundown and analyisis, objective review, playing suggestions and tips.
2) mp3’s with all the Tempo versions
Version 1 = 95
Version 2 = 100
Version 3 = 105
Version 4 = 110
Version 5 = 115
Version 6 = 120

Enjoy it and feel free to write me with any questions or feedback.

Back