Longer Linkage for DW5000 Double

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
I think I'd be more comfortable with my slave pedal on the OUTSIDE of my hi-hat. Anybody know how I might get my hands on a longer linkage? I'm pretty sure at one time DW made a long center shaft, the part that the end shafts with the univeral joints on them slide into, but don't see it on their site.

I've also considered daisy-chaining multiple end shafts, but wonder about slop with 4 or 5 u-joints. Anyone have experience with this?

You can order it through a DW dealer.

I tried putting my left pedal on the left side of my high hat pedal once and you can make it work unless you prefer your high hat pedal a little more to your left.

You'll probably have to order the part if you want to get one because most people won't separate it from the double pedal to sell it used.

You can order it through a DW dealer.
Are you talking about a longer extension, or are you talking about adding on with the standard length linkage parts?

I tried putting my left pedal on the left side of my high hat pedal once and you can make it work unless you prefer your high hat pedal a little more to your left.
That's why I want a longer linkage. ;-)

You'll probably have to order the part if you want to get one because most people won't separate it from the double pedal to sell it used.
I see standard linkages for sale from time to time. I think people part stuff out when something else is broken. ;-)

Back