I just got some Aquarian OnHeads--

stellar92010

Got a 10,12, 13 and 14, and a rimshot trigger coming for the 13 to use as a snare. I set them up on top of Pearl MCX Toms, but I had to take the RESOs off to make them quite. I also got an Aquarian 20" bass trigger pad for my bass drum.

Im triggering an old Roland TD-4 module and Alesis Trigger I/O and still using Roland Cymbals. The whole set up drives Addictive Drums 2 and I have a UAD-2 DSP card that I use also.

I'll be posting a sound sample next week, and get some pictures up. But just let you know what I think: holy crap, I'm NEVER going to use a trigger pad with a piezo (except for the bass drum) ever again.

Aquarian has obsoleted a lot of technologies people just dont know it yet. now, I know some people have complained about the FSR heads, but I think they dont know how to set them up, which is pretty simple. Once you got the dynamic range set up they are much wider in range than any piezo, and they don't false trigger unless you grossly set something wrong in the module.

What's impressed me most is the Toms. Now my electronic toms look, sound and feel exactly like regular toms, even the sound of the stick thwack. The only thing that looks different is that there is a pad sitting on the heads, and a little black box hanging off the rim.

I believe this is what they call a paradigm change in technology. If you have a set of acoustic drums, you can convert them in about 10 minutes. And the pads with the preamp box are half the price of new Roland V-pads--even if you buy a rimshot trigger for each one.

Back