New TD-30!

Oh my. Looks cool. If the TD20 was $5000 or £5000 what is the TD30 going to cost?

Davo
And as soon as the 30 comes out, the 20 is pretty much old news to any serious e kit players. It is a never ending cycle. I know. :(

I really could never get into the e-kits..I need the boom!

I have neighbor/sound issues, like most. But I would take just a set of pedals and a drum pad over an e-kit.

Just my 2c, glad it works for some!

I have a TD-9 for temporary use, for almost a month now (to be returned in a few weeks). Honestly I've sat maybe 3-4 times at that kit, only to learn I have a hard time with those ultra bouncy meshheads. So I'm back practicing on my pads & double pedal & kick practice pad. Unless there's a noticeable improvement in playing feel and more realistic pad bounce I'm definitely not in the market for an e-kit.

I have a TD-9 for temporary use, for almost a month now (to be returned in a few weeks). Honestly I've sat maybe 3-4 times at that kit, only to learn I have a hard time with those ultra bouncy meshheads. So I'm back practicing on my pads & double pedal & kick practice pad. Unless there's a noticeable improvement in playing feel and more realistic pad bounce I'm definitely not in the market for an e-kit.
Yes I am done with my TD10 and the mesh heads. Time for Roland to come up with something new. The new Yamaha heads are better feeling. Too much bounce on the mesh. They are quite though. People say they use them for practice, but it is only good if you are going to play the e kit out. Practicing on an e-kit for playing your acoustic, is not very good. They are just too different in feel.

The interesting thing I noticed about the TD-30 is it has a digital out and USB ports, as well as Midi and numerous audio outs.

Also the inputs are placed all in one row, seperate from in the outputs, which makes much more sense.

DSCN1421 by drumeatdrum, on Flickr

Last edited:
Whats this one going to cost? 15,000AUD?

Get the 2box

According to one site I saw the top model (the TD30KV or what ever) has an MSRP of 9000 USD. But I've also heard they might be as much as 12,000 USD. Either way it's to expensive.

Man, that's some expensive plastic!

I have a set of electronic pads I like - Yamaha DTX multi 12. I have bass and hi-hat pedals for it, so it makes a good decent sounding, quiet practice tool.

I would never spend a lot of money on an e-kit though. If you take good care of it, an acoustic kit will still be useable and maybe worth something in 30, 40, or 50 years.

TD-30K = $4,499 (USD):

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=Model&keyword=13910&mid=447&lbs=70

TD-30KV = $7,499 (USD):

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=Model&keyword=13911&mid=447&lbs=70

Not sure what the differences are that makes the KV $3,000 more than the K version.

So it's like $500 more than the TD-20SX. At least I've got mine with a half of PM-30 amp. But still thought it was gonna last me longer before a new model came out xD. I'm happy with my TD-20SX specially with heaphones and the Mix-In input. Can Play Non Stop!

i wont be upgrading my TD-20 anytime soon.

i dont want to play a TD-30, then i will know what i am missing ;-)

4k for that, unbelievable!

4k would be an incredible price tag for that thing indeed. That would be way less than the TD20, at least in Germany. I cannot believe this right now though, I think that it will much more likely be around 6k or more around here. 4k would be a deal of the century kind of thing.

BTW I think it's kind of funny: electronic drumkits are more and more made to resemble a real drumkit in ever nuance (more or less succesfull) whereas a lot of the "real" percussion instruments are made to resemble electronic sounds. Especially cymbals.... all this "Generation X" stuff by Meinl for example. Cymbals sounding like white noise and all of that.

To me, this is really strange :)

Just saw the first price tag in Germany: 7000 Euros which equals about 9250 USD.

This is about the same as the TD 20 was when it came out, so no surprise there. I still believe it is a good deal for some pros who are often playing in environments where an accoustic drumset is either too loud or too much hassle of getting a good sound. Most buyers will be pros who write it off taxes anyway.

I know and have played with some bands that play a lot of cover music at weddings who bought TD 20s for the band. The question for them was: Drumset + Mics + (big) mixing console + a guy who can handle the mixing console + Brides complaining about the volume on each gig or Roland TD20 - for these types of bands this is just perfect. It is also great if you play a lot of electronic music or need different drumsounds on one gig (which lots of cover bands do need).

If you're buying it as a hobby drummer, you're either rich or really enthusiastic about electronic drums :)

As a sidenote: I do know two hobbyist photographers who have pre-ordered the new Nikon D4 for around 6000 Euros, so yes: There always seem to be some real enthusiastic people running around that keep the economy going so to speak.

I guess the kits targeted at non pro customers are the TD9 and below.

Back