drum head logos

Kg_lee

What is it with Remo and Evans logo's being so large on the head? Over the years they have gotten much larger and I noticed Remo has increased the size of their logo recently. To me it's gotten out of hand. Bring back the small simple logos on the heads!

Advertising, show the brand, the name and hopefully others will buy.

Haha my solution to that is rather simple. Use no head, my Mapex stock head or my custom design ones depending on what I'm doing and my mood :p

Try some fingernail polish remover (the stuff with the acetone in it) and just take 'em off! It'd be messy on a white coated head, so don't do it on those. But black and clear heads the label should come right off.

The logos are getting out of hand.
Remo is the worst offender because they put their large logo at the top of the bass drum head.
I sent emails to all three of the head manufacturers complaining about how large the logos are getting.
I urge all of you to do the same.
If enough drummers complain things will change.
Its up to us!
Companies listen to the people who buy their products.
If you don't like large logos then tell them so.

With so many band videos on you tube now, its no wonder they are making the logo designs bigger. It free advertising to literally billions of drummers.

I admire your endeavour to try and get the conpany's to change this but im not sure they have any intent in ever doing that.

My suggestion, try one of the magic erasers, those sponges will remove just about anything

Cheers
A

It really doesn't bother me much pertaining to the size of the drum head logos, especially if we're talking about bass drum head logos. From thirty or forty feet away they look much smaller than they actually are.

Dennis

Try some fingernail polish remover (the stuff with the acetone in it) and just take 'em off! It'd be messy on a white coated head, so don't do it on those. But black and clear heads the label should come right off.

I've tried doing this on my drum head, but no luck. For some reason theres a giant "Queen" logo on the front of it in white (its a Percussion Plus Black 'Plus') and it looks horrible, i need to get rid of it seeing as though my Pearl one has just ripped around the porthole but i cant shift it.... any other ideas?

Back