recommend hi-hat stand

evolving_machine

Silver Member
I am currently using an Iron Cobra lever-glide hi-hat. I like the hihat, just would like to get a less expensive and more portable second hihat for my traveling kit.

The lever-glide hi-hat is a good two legged hi-hat that is stable, works fast and smooth, and is fast. It also has the ability to control the spring tension.

Can anyone recommend other good, fast hi-hats of even a little lesser quality but plays well.

Ive been using a Dixon HD one for 12 or 14 years now with no problems, I never felt the need to pay anymore for products just because of the brand name that is on them, if it works good and stands up to gigging why over pay.

Tard, good,

is it 2 legged and has adjustable spring and packs up light?

no, this particular one is 3 legged, chain drive and double spring adjustments but their top of the line now is a double leg with a mini rotatable 3rd leg, anyway I will add the link so you can check out their stuff, BTW Dixon, Gibralter, Kaman, Cannon and a lot of the World Max hardware is all made in the same plant and Dixon seems to have the best pricing and Gibraltar seems to have a few more accessories than the rest but higher prices as well.
http://intl.playdixon.com/hardware_main.aspx?CatID=Hi-Hat Stands

thank you tard,

I like that 2 legged one with the smaller leg on the side. I will look into it, it beats carrying these bigger hi-hats around.

Back