What's a good cheap electronic kit?

BassPlayingKid

I am looking for something decent but not too pricey? any ideas? i see the simmons kits are pretty popular. what are your views on electronic kits? and what are some good brands in your opinion?

Re: whats a good cheap electronic kit?

Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters

OK......Used Roland.

I have a Simmons amp and it rocks. That said - I don't care for their e-drums at all.

I use Yamaha and Roland stuff for the pads I haven't made myself. If you're a DIY type person, it's not too hard to make your own pads. You'll still need a module though.

I've just bought myself the hxm 010b kit for £500. It come with triple zone snare, dual zone toms, dual zone crash and triple zone ride. Kick pedal and drum stool. For the money I think it's a really good kit. I put a post about it on here about it, scroll down and find it, it has a link on it.

I am looking for something decent but not too pricey? any ideas? i see the simmons kits are pretty popular. what are your views on electronic kits? and what are some good brands in your opinion?

Where exactly have you seen the Simmons kits are popular- the 80's? : )
For cheap e-kits, maybe an Alesis/Legacy kit, plenty of no-name brands out there to choose from.

i bought a yamaha dtx 400k which cost me about £380 from pmt online, go check them out, its a really good kit but i just bought a tama starclassic bubinga as i miss the sound of acoustic drums

What's a good cheap electronic kit? A second hand Roland or Yamaha e-kit. Yamaha is better value for money.

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a good new cheap e-kit. The cheap ones have bad triggers that don't always activate, which quickly spoils your playing pleasure.

Back