Difference btw YAMAHA Beech Custom and Beech C. Absolute?

synthesaur

Hi guys,
Is there much difference between Beech custom and B.C. absolute?
Beech custom has the diamond shaped badge, right?
Difference between "2.3 mm triple-flanged steel hoops" and "2.3mm triple-flange steel DynaHoops", is it just the alloy?

THanks!

Last edited:
Yamaha offered 3 lines of Beech over the past.

The original Beech line wich had a diamont shaped glued badge and came in colors like apple green, red, pear yellow, blueberry and black and white.
larry0292.jpg

Than came the glued squared badge Absolutes. This serie ran for a short time and came in colors like metallic blue.
IMGP2897.jpg

And finally the last Absolute series witch the screwed on squared badge and came in the same 49 colors as the MCa and BCA.
P1010052.JPG

And the version with the standard lugs:
beech_pic.jpg

Regarding to hoops. There is 1,6 tripple flanged hoop, a 2,3 Dyna hoop and a 3,6 Diecast hoop.

There used to be a 3,0 Power hoop (that looked like a Tripple but had the tickness of a Diecast) it was used on the Maple Custom and some signature snare line. To bad they discontinued it.

Last edited:
There used to be a 3,0 Power hoop (that looked like a Tripple but had the tickness of a Diecast) it was used on the Maple Custom and some signature snare line. To bad they discontinued it.

I remember those things. Very cool hoops.

im a proud owner of a yamaha beech custom absolute kit in vintage marine finish. mine has the glued in badges and the dyna hoops. it has a killer sound. beautiful lows and mids.

Thanks guys,
the yamaha site does not mention that 2.3mm hoop on BC is dynahoop , I guess they just omitted it.

I picked up a black BC for 550 today at a drum store's rental dept.
The kit is 20, 12, 16, and I like it that way.
I found that the lugs are attached with 2 bolts (absolute has only 1).
I've got to clean all the grime off it and then I'll try to post a shot.

I have those Powerhoops on my Maple Customs. They're nice.

If there ever was a PERFECT compromise between a die cast and triple flange, that was it. I wonder if Yamaha still offers them as an option. Maybe Musiqman knows.

Funny thing is, the thickest triple flange I know of today is on those lower line, Taiwanese Gretsch Catalinas. They put 2.5 on there standard fare. Who would of thought?

Back