Tama Starclassic 18" x 16" kick

hnrkdrummer

Hello!
Im thinking of buying a Tama Starclassic 18" x 16" kick. so, im just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the drum. can you recommend it? how does it work for jazz? thanks!

-Henrik Lødøen

I have a Luddie 18x16 6 ply floor tom. Makes a wonderful kick drum "for certain applications". If jazz is strictly where you're headed, Go with a dedicated 18x16 kick. If a little more versatility might be in your life, get a 18x16 floor tom, and invest in a lift kit. The Gibraltar/Dunnett R class conversion is sweet. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibralt...i1425837.gc?source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=243552962 Then, for around $70, your larger drum kit becomes a smaller drum kit.

I love 18's. Just a sweet change of tone and feel. (I'm also thinking 20's might be the best overall BD size, but I don't have one to find out.)

I've thought about getting a SC Performer 18" bass drum to go with my 80's SuperStar kit. The SCP dark cherry fade snare matches my cherry wine kit somewhat decently.

And it's highly unlikely I'll ever find an 18" vintage SuperStar BD. And even more unlikely I'll get it for any kind of decent price on evilBay.

Back