Please help with this.

Willissssssssss

how do i build up my speed for hitting drums at the same time. Like when drummers hit the snare and floor tom at the same or something like that. I would like to build the speed up and would like to know if there are any suggestions. Sorry I didn't know the term it's on the tip of my tounge.

And more rudiments lol. Start practicing slowly and get up to speed. It can take a while to develop speed and that is not the only thing you require as a drummer... You also need control, endurance and precision.

The same way you get better at anything.....you practice them.

It's called a flat flam. Again, practice them. Set a metronome to a tempo you can handle and then play both hands in unison alternating from quarter notes, to eighth notes to sixteenth notes....aim for precise strokes (no flams). Bump the tempo when you're comfortable.

What grip are you using? As others have said rudiments etc, but relax, use your wrists and fingers not your arms. And again what grip, relax the grip let the stick do the work, bouncing.

But again practice grip, and rudiments.

I haven't done a ton of "The New Breed", but I know there's some exercises right at the beginning where you even have to hit all 4 limbs at the same time, take a look at the book next time you're in a music store :)

Back