Underated/Underappreciated Drummers?

Who does everyone think is a lesser known or talked about drummer, any genre, could be someone not knownof as much, could be someone new, just pick someone you think is not known of or talked about as much as they should be. My pick is Danny Heifetz of Mr. Bungle, Tango Saloon, and Secret Chiefs Three

Oh man GREAT drummer.

If you a Bungle fan, you may like/know of the MELVINS!

DALE CROVER! 16 inch floor tom as a RACK TOM.

His odd sense of timing and choice for hits and beat structure changed the way I look at drums.

Seen them eleven times and they never dissapoint. Twice since they added Coady a few years ago, check out youtube for Melvins with two drummers, tell me what you think of that setup.

Tango Saloon is very good, and secret chiefs is very good....

Califiornia is amazing. I love the Air conditioned Nightmare. I have listened to that album so many times, sometimes five times in a row.

I love Danny's drumming in general, my favorite drum tracks to play with are Ma meeshka mow skwoz and squeeze me macaroni. I wish i could have seen Bungle before they broke up. I thank my mom for introducing me to them. I am kind of a melvins fans, they are very good. I must say though i am quite attracted to the idea of a 16" rack tom

Wow... this list could go on forever for me but one stands out,

Aaron Harris (ISIS). Phenomenal drummer, I rarely hear his name mentioned.

The amount of people covering his work on youtube is testament enough to how brilliant he is.

16 inch floor tom as a RACK TOM.
Like Iggor Cavalera uses a 16x16 custom Tambor as a rack tom

Reed Mullin (Corrosion Of Conformity)
Ivan De Prume (ex-White Zombie)
Chris Kontos (ex-Machine Head)
Phil Collins

danny walker of intronaut
he is an amazing drummer from an even more amazing band
he's playing is so melodic and musical with heavy fast moments and more mellow melodic parts
check him out! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNkRnMGEHVY

BTW
he is also drums in other bands like exhumed uphill battle phobia and many more but i'm not really familiar with those bands music

Ben Koller of Converge, he plays in a band that plays extreme music, yet 95% of his patterns are single foot and he plays with a rack tom and a floor tom. Despite all this he's able to keep the music brutal and complex with lots of polyrhythms, tempo changes and odd time grooves. All of his fast-technical fills are super clean and precise.

I bring up the thread again:
Ken Mary!
In my eyes a very good, not enough respected drummer!

Ken is a huge influence of mine...absolutely love House of Lords’ first two albums! (y) :D
HOL was a great, powerful band! I like their music too!
Do you know the Chastain album „Ruler of the wastelands“? I think, you will like it :cool:

I'm in the process of digitizing my vinyl records and I have a new appreciation for Joh "Willie" Wilcox of Utopia.

Angus Burchall, it doesn’t matter what style of music John Farnham has thrown at him over the years; Angus has smashed it! (y) :D

Andy Sturmer - Jellyfish

2 come right to mind:
Pat Torpey from Mr. Big & Robert Plant
Stan Lynch of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

Both helped me A LOT in my early drumming development.

Rick Colaluca - Watchtower. An early pioneer of progressive/tech metal.

I find Mick Avery's work with the Kinks to be on par with the likes of Ringo and Charlie.

I find the same about Meg White's work with the White Stripes. :sneaky:

Back