Danny Carey

The design on the ground is actually the "Eye of Horus"-
the-eye-of-horus.jpg
you can search on what it represents. The "All Seeing Eye" however is this-
all_seeing_eye.gif

amazing, i put him in the secoond highest level(Peart, Paice, Bill Ward an Danny). highest is Bonham an Mitchell. ticks and Leeches blows my mind everytime, 46 an 2, everything man.

Danny Carey, can his drumming style be pin-pointed? Can you really fit it into a genre? His drumming seems to change every album that Tool releases. By the way... WHERE IS THE LIVE DVD TOOL PROMISED US? ;-)

IMHO, I think there are better drummer's than D.C., but all are mostly "solo" drummer's (I'm sure you know which one's), but for playing in a musical group, I definetly put Carey high in the top 3 of my list. Danny Carey undoubtedly has a discernable playing style, but his approach on every album differs...Anyone heard his work in Pigmy Love Circus or Volto? D.C. played and recorded with Pigmy Love Circus before he even met any of the Tool guys (here's the link to the Amazon page of PLC's second studio album 'The Power of Beef' http://www.amazon.com/-Power-Beef/d...8285/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8868880-5720754?ie=UTF8 ). Volto has never released an official CD recording, they are mostly a live band that played a lot in southern California, the best place to hear their music is at their myspace page... www.myspace.com/volto ... I think the stuff on 'Power of Beef' is really cool, much more straight-ahead than Tool, and D.C. is a total 'powerhouse' on all of it, and with Volto, D.C. gets to show of his more fusion/blues/jazz/pocket playing. Of course, since D.C. is now touring in Tool, Volto and PLC are currently defunct (probably till the whole Tool tour extravaganza is over in a year or so). Though there could be some sporatic appearances of either between dates in the Tool tour.
Bids

Edit: I know they did confirm a live DVD release sometime in the future, but we will just have to wait. Don't know if they would work on it and release it during touring, or wait until they're completely done with touring...

Here's an extended version of the video posted by Bernhard. In the very beginning, he's playing Bonhams green sparkle Ludwigs. Seems like a very down-to-earth kinda guy, despite what has been mention of him and Tool.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5t72yaXU0fY

- Marc

I saw Tool tonight.

Simply blew the doors off my soul and the ears off my head!

I got to watch him almost from behind for part of the show. Great technique and command of the kit. He just totally rocked... in every time signature imaginable.

Wow!!

I saw Tool on 9/11. Although the performance as a whole was disappointing (Maynard was under the weather), Danny's individual performance was as incredible as ever. He didn't miss a beat.

That's what I love about Tool. Even on a bad night, they can still kick you in the face.

Definitely a great player. I saw Tool last Friday in Mansfield, MA and they were awesome, Danny Carey was insane as usual.

As someone who is not really into double bass playing, I must say my favorite thing about Carey is that he does it tastefully. Nothing bores me more than listening to someone run on their bass drum pedals the whole way through a song. Most of the time he seems to use it in either a fill or to build a groove at a song's climax, like when he goes nuts in Forty Six & 2 or Ticks and Leeches, or the end of Schism. I think he really understands how to use space to create a great groove and when playing single bass is still able to throw some great hi-hat work into his playing.

I just recently read that danny is aleister crowley's great grandson, well there we go.

i love danny carey, one of my msot favourite and inspirational drummers.

I just heard volto for the first time. I am very impressed. though it definatly lacks the creativity found in tool

I wish Tool would come to indiana I have been dying to see since i first started to listen to them 6 years ago

burnthehero said:
I saw Tool on 9/11. Although the performance as a whole was disappointing (Maynard was under the weather), Danny's individual performance was as incredible as ever. He didn't miss a beat.

That's what I love about Tool. Even on a bad night, they can still kick you in the face.
I am not saying you are lying because i could be wrong, but i dont think they were touring then

Merkaba said:
I am not saying you are lying because i could be wrong, but i dont think they were touring then

They were bang in the middle of a North American tour... as you might expect of a band four months after they put out an album, no?

finnhiggins said:
They were bang in the middle of a North American tour... as you might expect of a band four months after they put out an album, no?

Unless for some reason the guy is confused and thinks that by 9/11 the original poster means 9/11/2001?

Just in case someone hasn't seen this thread...
showthread.php
... its me playing the Tool song, Vicarious, from their 10,000 Days album...(no background music)...

I am just starting to listen to Danny's playing...I am curious...in the drum video what song is he playing with?

Back