roland hi hats

rimshot49

ok guys new here i have dm 10 alesis drum module is this module able to be use with roland hi hats was told at a music store yes but no footsplash afect hope you can help the one i am looking to buy are the roland 12 's or 11 ' s

Just do a search for Roland VH-11 or Roland VH-12

The VH12 opens and closes like a real hi-hat and apparently feels exactly like a real one too.. i dont own one though so dont quote me on that, if the hi-hat that comes with the TD9KX is anything to go by then dont buy one full stop...

First off, The VH-12 (to my knowledge) only works with the TD-20 module. The TD-12 and TD-9 come with the VH-11. In theory, the VH-11 should work, but whether the "closed hat" fuction will work is another story. I know for a fact that the VH-11 will not work properly on some Yamaha modules due to polarity factors. It may be able to produce an open-hat sound when the pad is struck, but it won't always work when in the closed position. I would recommend bringing your sound module to a local shop and try plugging in their floor model VH-11 to see if it works. If they're a good shop and want to please customers, I don't see that being a problem. :D

Go to the Roland vdrum chat site. They know everything about the drums.
I have a TD20 and decided to go with the 11 hat instead of the 12 because it was easier to tear down and set up every weekend, it was cheaper, and it actually felt better. the pedal still responds exactly the same. Really no advantage to having both top and bottom.

I use the DM10 with the normal Alesis pedal and get decent splash, however I had shitty results with the roland hi hat pedal. Can't advise about the v11 or 12.

Back