Dennis Elliott

bean6022000

I’ve always enjoyed Dennis Elliott’s drumming. He was Foreigner’s drummer during their heyday. He always seemed to play what was right for the song, had a deep pocket, played deceptively simple, had that funky groove with just the right amount of swing, tasty catchy fills, and was a master of leaving space allowing the music to breathe. I understand he is now makes acclaimed wood sculptures. I wonder if he could put his wood sculpting on hold, put a couple pieces of wood back in his hands and rejoin Foreigner?

Dennis Elliott is on my top 10 list of drummers. Besides Foreigner he is also on Ian Hunter first solo album which is one of my favorite LPs of the 70s. If you’re not familiar with it you need to take a Listen . not a bad song on it.

Dennis Elliott is on my top 10 list of drummers. Besides Foreigner he is also on Ian Hunter first solo album which is one of my favorite LPs of the 70s. If you’re not familiar with it you need to take a Listen . not a bad song on it.

Man i love that lp also....The truth the whole truth nuthin but the truth.....

Always dug his drumming on Foreigner tracks. The release Agent Provocateur is my personal favorite - lots of solid, powerful drumming on many of the songs-with some light stuff thrown in for good measure. Loved his drum kit configuration as well for the subsequent tour in support of, double bass, one rack tom & two floors with but just a couple of cymbals.

A-520631-1497453010-3026.jpeg.jpg

is he on All Of "The Good Ones Are Taken"?

always liked that one...and Dennis Elliot.

is there a thread for John Siomos of Peter Frampton? another not-mentioned-very-often type dude.

Last edited:
Back