Hardcase vs SKB

Hi guys,
I think this is the right sub forum etc for this.
I'm now currently 1 cymbal away from having the complete set-up that i want and will be looking to buy pro cases in the future.
I've narrowed it down to hardcase or SKB, just wondering what are the main differences between these two brands?
thanks in advance

Well i use hardcase and think they are brilliant but i haven't tried SKB cases so i can't compare. I really couldn't think of anything more hardcase could do though so i would recommend them.

On the one hand I think hard cases for cymbals are a great idea. On the other hand, I hated the process of having to load in and load out cymbals from it. It's just too much of an event for me. I much prefer the Ahead Armor cymbal bag. But I move my stuff around myself. If other people are moving it and you're At the mercy of getting stuff into a truck, then either brand will be good.

Considering how paranoid folks are about the protection of their cymbals, I'm surprised more folks don't just special order a rolling anvil road case for them.

I've used SKB cymbal vaults and snare cases for 10 years and would never use anything else.

I finally just bought an entire set of SKB cases for my drums and hardware and I would never use anything else for when my gear is in a trailer with a bunch of heavy guitar cabs. Lifetime warranty is a NICE addition.

Both excellent quality cases and the reality is that both will offer more than enough protection for your pies. I own several of both brands for all my snares but when it came down to it, I went with SKB for the cymbal case pretty much due to the fact that the single strap appeared to be less fiddly than dealing with three straps to open/close the thing.

Though there is not a hell of a lot that separates the design of the two cases, there are some pros and cons to both. Both are moulded to nest with other cases of their respective brands. Both come in a few different sizes. Both have models with the options of wheels. Both offer a lifetime warranty. Hardcase are able to hold more cymbals than SKB (check specs for details), but they are also not available in the States, so depending on where you live this may be an issue.

All in all, both are excellent and there really is no wrong choice here. But I'd probably give a slight edge to SKB for my purposes.

Thanks for all the replies!
I'm probably gonna go with hardcase if there isnt that much of a difference because im from the uk and cant seem to find an skb tom case in the size i need and skb's are almost twice the price.
Thanks again.

and skb's are almost twice the price.

SKB's are great.....amongst the very best I''ve seen. But they're not twice as great. If you can find Hardcase for half the cost, then it's a no brainer IMHO.

The upside of the tom cases is the "telescopic" nature of the lids means you only have to worry about diameter as they will accomodate a wide range of depths.

Well i use hardcase and think they are brilliant but i haven't tried SKB cases so i can't compare. I really couldn't think of anything more hardcase could do though so i would recommend them.

I use both Hardcase and SKB. I prefer Hardcase for its lower cost. It does just as good a job as SKB in terms of protection and durability but it doesn't have as good detailing and features, hence the lower price of Hardcase.

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to buy Hardcase in the US. Maybe that's changed, though.

Back