Worst. Song. Ever.

Yeah. When I heard this song, I was amazed how many hits THAT PIECE OF CRAP got in a month. It's really disappointing to see the "music" world fall this low. The most frustrating thing is seeing people (mostly the younger generation) support stuff like this. I don't even know why. I guess they just lack knowledge of anything musical, or just don't care about art anymore. I mean, I can understand dance music, but I have people tell me all the time that the most important part of the song is the lyrics. I'm not trying to say that lyrics aren't important, but let's be honest. How many great bands are out there that don't even have a singer? The most important part of the music is the MUSIC!! But nobody cares anymore, and we end up with Rebecca Black "singing" with her "band" with all the instruments and the vocals processed several times through a computer to the point where it's not even them anymore. Okay, enough ranting. I just want to say, I agree with you completely!!!

I dunno....the Safety Dance by Men Without Hats back in the 80's was pretty bad.

The public at large seems to have a large appetite for really bad songs.

I dunno....the Safety Dance by Men Without Hats back in the 80's was pretty bad.

The public at large seems to have a large appetite for really bad songs.

As bad as Safety Dance might have been, it was a million times better than this! My humble opinion, of course. LOL

"You can dance if you want to..."

As bad as Safety Dance might have been, it was a million times better than this! My humble opinion, of course. LOL

"You can dance if you want to..."

How about "I Know What Boys Like" by the Waitresses? Off key vocals, lame melody, and a lose concept of rhythm. Yet, some record company exec thought enough of it to make it a single, and it did well enough to still be included in "one hit wonders" shows.

How about "I Know What Boys Like" by the Waitresses? Off key vocals, lame melody, and a lose concept of rhythm. Yet, some record company exec thought enough of it to make it a single, and it did well enough to still be included in "one hit wonders" shows.

Maybe it's because I was younger when it was new, but I like The Waitresses song better too!

I know they suck, but for some reason I like the worst of the 80's way better than a lot of stuff today. Horrible, I know. I hang my head in shame. But please don't punish me by making me listen to "Friday" again!!!

Maybe it's because I was younger when it was new, but I like The Waitresses song better too!

I know they suck, but for some reason I like the worst of the 80's way better than a lot of stuff today. Horrible, I know. I hang my head in shame. But please don't punish me by making me listen to "Friday" again!!!

I think the main difference is the new stuff is quantitized and auto-tuned, while the old stuff was just plain out of tune! ha!

Ouch! That Friday song is dire. Thanks a million for switching me on to it, Frosty (not)

Until I heard that I'd been thinking Tony Orlando's Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree. Still, no worst song list is complete without Achy Breaky Heart or Starship's, We Built This City.

All 10-bucket tunes.

I visited Walle's fabulous Karavan Blues Band's MySpace and they are unsigned while execrable pooticketslike that Friday song are being released. The world has gone mad.

Last edited:
14 million views in the space of a few weeks, if you do a google search for it you will find that very few people actually like it, it has become the laughing stock of the internet.

So many parodies... it has gone absolutely viral.

14 million views in the space of a few weeks, if you do a google search for it you will find that very few people actually like it, it has become the laughing stock of the internet.

So many parodies... it has gone absolutely viral.

I've decided i'm not going to waste my time listening to it. I'll wait until it comes on some crap advert...

I just thought I'd post some of the genius lyrics,

"Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein' everything, the time is goin'
Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Kickin' in the front seat
Sittin' in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take? "

and this piece of pure poetic mastery puts even Justin Bieber to shame...

"Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin')
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after ... wards
I don't want this weekend to end"

I wouldn't be surprised if it transpired that Aldous Huxley had written this.

Also, isn't it interesting that the rap section of a song like this has taken the place of what would have once been a guitar solo?

Wow, I think this piece doesn't even touch the surface of what music is.
If it passes for mediocre entertainment, ok, but everything else... no!

The person who's guilty of having produced it should maybe take the time
and listen to some profound music, like a Tchaikovsky string quartett or an
expressive jazz piece by the Paul Motian trio, or something like that.

But I understand that it's probably a lot more about money and entertainment
than art.

My ears have been bruised by this, I believe.
I can't even believe the quality some "music" has sunk to nowadays.
Truly pathetic.

Well crap...there goes 3mins 47sec of my life I wish I could have back.

The only saving grace is that she is kinda cute. Thanks Frosty.

Back