Woeful suckfest :(

Is that a band choice thing for you? Staring your own a possibility? It's a long slog, but gratifying if you can make it work.

In all honesty, it's taken years & 3 player changes to finally get a lineup that I think could maybe find another level in a modest way.

I’ve been trying. I think the first ingredient in the recipe should be Musician’s that want to do better than the crowd and may even want to push themselves...a frightening proposition it seems!

I’ve been trying. I think the first ingredient in the recipe should be Musician’s that want to do better than the crowd and may even want to push themselves...a frightening proposition it seems!
Indeed, there's plenty of players who just want to set up in the corner of a bar & play standards - zero ambition - & that's fine, but doesn't take you forward. A two speed band never works out.

We're in the early process of training up our own sound guy. He's already a decent engineer with good all round experience, but needs yet to fully absorb + replicate all the band's requirements.

Brilliant!

That's the way to handle sub-par sound support goof-offs!

Train up your own!

Might have gone better if they didn't name the event "woeful suckfest".

I mean, hell, just drop the woeful part and you'd probably have some attendees.

There's a difference between "headlining" and playing last. In a festival situation,the last spot is seldom the best. I've always tried to avoid it at all costs.

Back