Tama Superstar SL Custom Hyper-Drive

Sanddrummer

Add on for Tama Superstar SL Custom Hyper-Drive

Looking to buy the Tama Superstar SL Custom Hyper-Drive 6-Piece Drum Set, was wondering if anyone has one and how good is it??? Also, I can't find add-on's...... does anybody know if and where I can view and purchase mounted and floor tom add-on's??

Last edited:
I have the 6 piece. I am in love with it. Its full of attack do to the shorter mounted toms yet the floor toms are still deep enough to give you that big booming sound you want from them. The 20x22 bass drum sounds huge and the snare cuts through. Its an exceptionally loud kit and when you play it you get noticed. I have the Grey Pewter finish and it is absolutely beautiful. I cant recomend this kit enough.

I have the 6 piece as well and I absolutely love it. The toms have the best sound I’ve heard. I specifically look for that r&b/hip hop style tom sound even though I am in a rock band.

Just go to the Tama website and go to the Hyper drive section. You can look at each bundled shell pack as well as all the individual drums available. I was going to buy the 5 piece since it had the 22 x 20 inch kick but the price was ridiculously higher to go that route so i settled for the 22 x 18 incher and i have to say I love it. I’m not saying I wouldn’t love to have that sweet looking deeper kick drum but i am happy.

Obviously you won’t be able to buy direct from Tama but any of your local dealers that sell Tama will be able to order any shell you want. Just stroll in there with the part number you found on the website and tell them you want to order it.

Good luck. Make sure you post some pictures of you new kit if you get it. I have the Dark Desert burst finish and it looks amazing.

Abstsbtsb, The finish you chose is amazing as well. My local Guitar Center had one in stock and i almost bought it but i decided to order my kit so i chose the desert burst.

GREAT KIT!!!

I’ve had my hyper drive set for about a month now and I love them. I also went with the 22x18 bass in a 6 piece and it has a great sound. I would like to hear a 22x20 though. One of the reasons I chose this set was because of the add-on options. However, the main reasons were for the adjustability, the great sound, and the Tama quality. I have not been disappointed and I’m sure you will not be either. The best advice is to go out to a music store and play them if it is an option for you.

Dan

Hey

I know you can order add-on bass drums and rack toms, buuttt:

what are the usual prices for add-on:

22x18" bass drums

8x6" toms

13x7.5" toms

How much do those usually run for?

Back