Remo's version of the evans g2?

wordword

I've been working with the Evans hydraulics, and they give a real nice low low wet sound, but i need something more open, articulate, and just fast.

what is remo's version of the evans g2?

can anyone tell me about the remo pinstripes and the remo powerstrokes? i need something fairly open and not too low end.

and whats the major difference between the remo ambassador and the remo emporer? <------ emperor is 2 ply, offering more durability

I really want to try out the newer remo heads, but i'm worried they'll bee too low-end. the powerstroke 4 is called "the darkest sounding weatherking of remo's heads" and the powerstroke 3 is only single-ply, which means my rock style might dent the single ply...maybe not, i don't play that heavy.

Any takes on the matter will be appreciated. Evans G2 is a great head if you don't mind seeing EVANS written all over your set

The Emporer is Remo's version of the g2.

What is wrong with having "Evans" all over your kit? Is having "Remo" all over your kit better? Both make good heads. G2's sound almost nothing like Hydraulics, which may be the deadest heads made. Good luck.

Back