What songs do you really like the drumming on?

Andy Summers the last dance of Mr. X

Bissonet on drums
Tony Levin on Bass

Great Album.

I love Starless too. I used to try to play along with it as a young 'un but I'm sure it was appalling :) Prog's too hard for me.

At home I play along with almost anything by Steely Dan up to Gaucho (simplified, of course) to stay in shape. I've long avoid the title track Gaucho because the syncopated accents are so relentless. Still have a way to go with that one but it's fun!

With the band, Space Oddity is a challenge and cool when it comes off.

Sultans of Swing, especially the 12+ minute live version on YouTube.

There's a few early Korn songs that I really like the drumming on, like Chi and Swallow. Then there's the Swedish hardcore/metal band NINE, with songs like Without Questioning and Unprotected.

There are so many, but the FEEL these guys have in their playing was so great. Just to name a few off the to of my head:

Jeff Porcaro with Toto on Rosanna. I love the half time shuffle and Jeff's hybrid.

Levon Helm on "Cripple Creek".

Charlie Watts on "Start me up", "Honky Tonk Women", etc.

Danny Seraphine with Chicago on "Make Me Smile"

Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight", those fills. Also on "I Can hear through these walls".

You guys much be too young. Probably because it was the first REAL solo I learned keeps it special to me. One of the longest solos remains my favorite - Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Custard Pie
Trampled Under Foot
Something for Nothing
Overture/Temples Of Syrinx
Carry On Wayward Son
Hard To Handle
Remedy
Love Is The Drug
Squonk
Whole Lotta Rosie
Back In Black
Man In The Box
One Way Street
Spooky
Blackout

Last edited:
In no order:

Burning Down One Side - Robert Plant with Phil Collins playing on it
Hellbound - Pantera
Goddamn Electric - Pantera (bluesy and brutal)
Big Country - Big Country
Not That Kind - Anastacia
You Got to Funkifize - Tower of Power
We Came To Play - Tower of Power
Mother Popcorn - JB
Psycho Holiday - Pantera
Welcome to the Terrordome - Public Enemy

They're not necessarily - or not at all - the same songs that I just like to listen to. (If listening without tapping on something exists :))
Lately I have re-discovered Level 42, I think they're great to drum along. "Tracie", "Take care of yourself", "Hot water"... Just some old '80s junk I dug up, totally recycleable and they still sound fresh!

I remember when “Physical Presence” came out - great track - love the opening fill!

Back