How would you go about selling my Ludwig 1920's Black Beauty Snare Drum?

cwstremmel

What is the best way to advertise this snare drum? It is for sale!

Ludwig 6x15 Engraved Black Beauty – 1920s Flower Engraved heavy brass shell, brass clips and rims and 10 tube lugs. Full-bodied vintage tone!

This rare 1920's Ludwig Black Beauty 6 x 15 Snare Drum! Includes the original drum case calfskin heads custom manufactured by United Rawhide MFG, CO of Chicago in 1996 and never used. Extra collar hooks and parts purchased in 1995!
This drum as been in my family since it was purchased by my grandfather I believe in 1924 when he played with the Buddy Rodgers Big Band from 1928 until 1931 KS, IL, area. The drum has never been restored and is now for sale.

[/ATTACH]

Throw it up on eBay. Let the market determine and give you what it's worth. I'd make sure I set up a long bid window, though. If you do, post the link here so we can all watch what it goes for. You might even get some of the wealthy folk here running up the price.

Good luck!

Yep, eBay is kind of the fair market. Plus a bit of hype as folks get craze at the last minute. I just sold a guitar pedal on the bay for $2001. Set up a longer auction so lots of people will see it, but don't be concerned if there isn't much activity at first. Most folks will lay back and watch. The last couple days bidding should start rolling and the last minute snipers will ratchet it up a bit more.

All this assumes you really want/need to sell it.

Mike Curotto, Bun E. Carlos (he is on Facebook now), Steve Maxwell's, John Aldridge are all good people to contact first.
I wouldn't do eBay unless you knew what the drum is really worth.

Google for Mike Curotto.

nuff said.

+!.^ This.Mike is considered one of a few genuine experts on the Black Beauty,and is a published author on the subject of vintage snare drums.

John Aldridge is also an expert in the field,is a published author on the subject,and has engraved Black Beauty snare drums for Ludwig,and private clients.

As Karl said...those are go to names concerning buting/selling that snare drum,and offer the best choice at a fair resale.

I would just get a written apprasial from Steve,John or Mike ,and hold on to it.Why sell that beautiful instrument unless it's completey necessary.

Steve B

Geez! What a drum!

I would contact Mike Curotto. He is a member over at VintageDrumForum. He, among all of the members over there, will drool over this thing. Plus, if you sold it to a member over there, you'd be getting a fair price for it.

The awesomeness of that drum can't be overstated. Truly special, and in great shape by the looks of it...

Mike Curotto, Bun E. Carlos (he is on Facebook now), Steve Maxwell's, John Aldridge are all good people to contact first.
I wouldn't do eBay unless you knew what the drum is really worth.

This ^^^^^^

No way E-Bay. Not yet, not now and perhaps not ever.

Just what you are doing now, using the internet. That is a beautiful drum. I wouldn't play it, that is a collector's piece.

If that were mine, it would forever be mine. Don't sell it.

Back