DW 9000 Slave and Drive Shaft

scoreking81

Hey,
So yesterday i saw a sign near my street that said "Music Lovers Yard Sale 12-8" and it was 7 when i saw this, so i figured all the good stuff was gone, but decided to check it out anyway, so i looked and all they had left was a shitty bass and a guitar and some effects stuff, but then i saw a DW pedal case and decided to pop it open, to my suprise i saw a dw 9000 slave pedal and drive shaft in mint condition and a bunch of drum keys, wing nuts, cymbal felts, and hi hat clutches. So i asked theguy running the sale how much he wanted, he said $30 i said awesome. So my question to y'all is, can i buy a dw 9000 single pedal and hook it up to the drive shaft and have a double pedal, or can i just buy a pedal spring and spring assembly for it and use it as a single? Thanks a lot

Well to my knowledge you can't change a single 9000 to a double, but i dont know about converting the slave pedal to a single i've never tried it :)

Hope this helps, George.

I looked at mine and it has what appears to be a spot for a spring assembly.

It'd be way easier to convert the slave to a working single, but either way DW doesn't want to make it easy

Last edited:
Don't know of any way to convert a DW single to a double, the single is missing some key pieces to allow the change. The piece that holds the slave beater, spring, the nub sticking out of the side of the shaft that hooks up to the linkage for the slave pedal. You might be able to find a 9002 primary only pedal on ebay but don't see it being easy or possible to convert a true single to a double.

I looked at the main pedal frame posts, the single (left post) is different from the doubles, so no single to double conversion.

The (your) slave could use an 8000 spring assembly. The 8000 and 9000 slave frames look identical, ditto the primary frames of both lines.

DW doesn't advertise a parts page on their site, im sure a spring assembly could be had though.

DW's street motto; DW- We make it hard on you.

Last edited:
Back