new throne

mrbling

Silver Member
got top of the line big do worked out only 5 quid more than the mapex i was looking at.

very pleased its big its blue and its sure damn comfy.

Attachments

• BD throne.jpg
    BD throne.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 213
What's quid? is that like pound sterling or euro's? Here in the states we have dollars but we call them, "bucks, greenbacks, smackers, benjamins(100's), large (1000's)"

quid is pounds stearling (£).

this is not a term for the euro

F006 Pro Saddle Cloth

if that helps

looks comfy...I have the pearl roadster and loveeee it! A good throne is a MUST. Enjoy! What I liked about the roadster was 4 legs instead of 3 that way my son (2 years old) who climbs into my throne often does not fall into my drums again!

My hieny parks on this one.

Attachments

• 148.gif
    148.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 167
This is my Pork Pie pooper pad:
pic-throne-carbfib-bc.jpg

This is my Pork Pie pooper pad:
pic-throne-carbfib-bc.jpg

I use a tama first chair ergo rider. I think it's a piece of junk. The one i bought was defective.....they shipped it back and "fixed it" but i don't think it's functioning properly.

I use a tama first chair ergo rider. I think it's a piece of junk. The one i bought was defective.....they shipped it back and "fixed it" but i don't think it's functioning properly.

There was a tama next to it. Not only did I read that online, the clerk at GC said..you might want to avoid the tama, I have one and it broke quickly.

There have been problems with the seat mount on the 1st chairs from before last year. As far as I know they've fixed all the bugs in them since then. I bought one a couple of months ago and it seems legit.
I did read a disclaimer about the thrones on the Tama site. The problems are on a certain production run and I'm sure a company like them wouldn't be making those mistakes now.
I think just about every company, especially the stuff from overseas make a product here and there that is garbage.

more info on that issue here: http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/world/1st_chair/index.html

Yeah, I saw that recall. Mine didn't have the faulty bolts in question. Been using it since '99 with no problems.

There have been problems with the seat mount on the 1st chairs from before last year. As far as I know they've fixed all the bugs in them since then. I bought one a couple of months ago and it seems legit.
I did read a disclaimer about the thrones on the Tama site. The problems are on a certain production run and I'm sure a company like them wouldn't be making those mistakes now.
I think just about every company, especially the stuff from overseas make a product here and there that is garbage.

more info on that issue here: http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/world/1st_chair/index.html

It's good to know, because it blew my mine at 1st. Tama has been known to me since about 1979 as having bulletproof hardware, more so than most other companies. I will allow them ONE transgression in 30 years. I don't want any rumors to start to discredit them.

Unofficially the best throne base on the market:

http://www.canopusdrums.com/en/otherproducts/hardware/throne/index.html

2.5 Kilos (5.5 pounds)

List price- $140

The Tama bolt recall I believe needs clarification. The non-hardened bolts threads are short, they don't hold the wing nut well. The real problem is the wing nuts themselves, which are pot-metal and have very weak threads.

A good replacement is Gibraltar 'Heavy Duty' 8mm wing nut (SC-13P2_65632 ). Although still pot-metal, its much better than Tama's. 2 pack- around $5

Attachments

• Picture 30.png
    Picture 30.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 27.png
    Picture 27.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 29.png
    Picture 29.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 110
Back